• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

I think thats a pretty nice CMJ cover! (thumbs u

Not familiar with cookeville, what tells you it's from that collection, the writing?

"sn." it's one of those "not recognized by cgc" ones, but will have a chapter in the pedigree book sure to come out any day now.

I've stopped all bathing in anticipation.

you'll be quite ripe by the time the book hits the shelves

Not familiar with cookeville, what tells you it's from that collection, the writing?

"sn." it's one of those "not recognized by cgc" ones, but will have a chapter in the pedigree book sure to come out any day now.

finally found that excuse you'd been waiting for!

you'll be quite ripe by the time the book hits the shelves

May I recommend some body spray in the meantime, in case you decide to interact with fellow Boardies? (thumbs u

My first post in this thread. Just received this today. I paid too much for it but I just love the inappropriateness of this cover. I guess it's the "Williamsport Copy"? (shrug)

Where is that pedigree book when you need it...

CrimeSuspenstories23_CGC80small.jpg

(thumbs u

I used to own the Williamsport CSS #23 (also an 8.0). Bought it from Jack Juka, whom I believe discovered the collection.

The girls Love rules! Great colors and melodrama. The pig on Ozzie is pretty dang swell too! Makes me want to look for obscure late 40's/ early 50's DC.

I thought you'd get a smile out of these orphans.

Thanks.

Jack

Welcome back Jack!

Thanks.

Possibly just a drive-by. (When will I catch up?)

Jack

*SNIF* no comment on my funnybooks

(((Jack:))!

Great books, we missed you....and you are never boring....those are interesting!

Interesting to a select group of discerning collectors, let's say.

Thanks.

"I'll be back!" said Jack from behind.

The girls Love rules! Great colors and melodrama. The pig on Ozzie is pretty dang swell too! Makes me want to look for obscure late 40's/ early 50's DC.

Yep. I love the Mr District Attorney series. Fun stuff, cheap, and stuff you haven't seen a million times before.

I thought you'd get a smile out of these orphans.

Thanks.

Jack

The Mr. DA makes me a little melancholy though. Back when I still had a comic shop, a regular customer came in one day with a huge collection of GA crime books that he had inherited, that included a very nice copy of Mr DA #1. Alas, he would not sell that set to me. He did sell me all of the Lev Gleason books he had which numbered over a hundred issues. But, we always focus on the one that got away

...and here's another (hey, it even has my name on the cover):

SilStr6.jpg

Gorgeous book. Im working on a run of 1-15, and anticipate great difficulty in finding a 6 as nice as this one.

they are fun indeed.

streaks-1.jpg

ss21.jpg