• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Mini-geekfest at casa Ciorac on Monday night and I came home with the beauty, Single Series #20. Or as I like to call it "the Tarzan book". :grin: I think it's one of the great golden age covers. Big thanks to Ciorac for hosting and to Comics-n-ERB for hooking me up with a beautiful book!

SingleSeries20CGCVG40_good.jpg

Congrats again Todd :applause:

It was great to see you again, and to see that smile on your face when the deal was struck!

And thanks to David, again, for treating us all to a delicious dinner at Trattoria Giuseppe :)

Thats an amazing book to own Fury. It truly is one of the great GA covers. :applause:

Thanks! I've admired it for years and am very happy to have one.

2949089971_184ae164cf_o.jpg

I have always wanted a copy of that one. The Tip Top issues with Foster Tarzan stories are terrific. The ad is from Broncho Bill single series.

I have been to Fellini's in Newtown Square, I think, but never to Trattoria Giuseppe. Are they related?

bb

Not sure. Trattoria is in Edgemont, just down the road from where I am in Newtown Square. Should I check out Fellini's?

Mini-geekfest at casa Ciorac on Monday night and I came home with the beauty, Single Series #20. Or as I like to call it "the Tarzan book". :grin: I think it's one of the great golden age covers. Big thanks to Ciorac for hosting and to Comics-n-ERB for hooking me up with a beautiful book!

It was great to see you again, and to see that smile on your face when the deal was struck!

And thanks to David, again, for treating us all to a delicious dinner at Trattoria Giuseppe :)

Thats an amazing book to own Fury. It truly is one of the great GA covers. :applause:

2949089971_184ae164cf_o.jpg

I have always wanted a copy of that one. The Tip Top issues with Foster Tarzan stories are terrific. The ad is from Broncho Bill single series.

I have been to Fellini's in Newtown Square, I think, but never to Trattoria Giuseppe. Are they related?

bb

Not sure. Trattoria is in Edgemont, just down the road from where I am in Newtown Square. Should I check out Fellini's?

Fellini's is a great little place. Haven't been there in a while. It was BYOB

Edited by BB-Gun

Congrats! It's no secret how much I love this book. I'm glad to see it's starting to become appreciated by collectors again like it once was.

And yeah, I still can't the label doesn't mention Hal Foster. doh!

5417117496_32809b00e0_z.jpg

I do like those early Lone Ranger comics with "wash" covers.

The GCD lists this set of covers was by Mo Gollub and painted. I think they must be wash and painted started with issue 32.

Edited by BB-Gun

Since someone else likes them, I will post a few more.

Tonto sometimes had to fight 3 guys alone but the Lone Ranger helped in this one. Easier on Tonto.

5418754426_6210f6e0d3_z.jpg

And the Lone Ranger probably learned this trick from Tonto.

I think the covers were also wash and not painted. Anyone agree or know otherwise?

5418754274_9bc37a9057_z.jpg

2250002564_6f8c47c981_z.jpg

Sonny was a fan too, although he didn't always spell his name correctly in cursive. I am glad he saved this one since it is in pretty nice condition.

The Four Color versions are mostly line drawn without a wash.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

I had a great time seeing Bill again and meeting you Todd! Glad you like the book, it's a great book to have and that copy is super nice for the grade!

I think thats a pretty nice CMJ cover! (thumbs u

Not familiar with cookeville, what tells you it's from that collection, the writing?

"sn." it's one of those "not recognized by cgc" ones, but will have a chapter in the pedigree book sure to come out any day now.

I think thats a pretty nice CMJ cover! (thumbs u

Not familiar with cookeville, what tells you it's from that collection, the writing?

"sn." it's one of those "not recognized by cgc" ones, but will have a chapter in the pedigree book sure to come out any day now.

I've stopped all bathing in anticipation.