• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

I didn't buy a lot in 2011, but I did win my low ball bids on two pieces of GA art ... the last two pages of the Power Man story from FIGHT COMICS #5 (1940). They are PURE golden age, and the only golden age art I own.

Superheroes, gorillas, dope smuggling ... its all there! These pages look great in person.

Now if someone will sell me their FIGHT COMICS #5 ... :wishluck:

fight5OApg4.jpg

fight5OApg5.jpg

Beautiful! :applause:

Made by bedrock in Houston yesterday and picked this up... I've even wanting this book for sometime now... Thanks to Chris (cmack) and Richard for hooking me up with a great price.,. Thanks guys

db1f483f.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

Gotta get new glasses I guess, I posted these in the Timely forum by mistake earlier doh!

Two fun books arrived today.

First up, Smash Comics #12. mid grade, but very glossy and super nice colors. White pages always make me happy. I enjoy reading this title

smashcomics12.jpg

Moon Girl #3

Always been a fan of this series, but no longer had any issues in my collection. Saw a boardie list this one recently and snagged it.

It goes wonderfully with the original art I have for the story featured on the cover :)

And in case you haven't seen the pages

Moon Girl #3 original art

moongirl3.jpg

Nice! :applause:

Moon Girl #3

Always been a fan of this series, but no longer had any issues in my collection. Saw a boardie list this one recently and snagged it.

It goes wonderfully with the original art I have for the story featured on the cover :)

moongirl3.jpg

That's awesome to have an entire storyline in original print. It looks great!

Moon Girl #3

moongirl3.jpg

Very nice Bill. Those pages are definite keepers.

Thanks for sharing the original art for the Moon Girl story. Very cool stuff. Plus I've never seen a Moon Girl story before.

She seems to remind me just a bit of some other superheroine ...can't quite put my finger on who, though. hm

I didn't buy a lot in 2011, but I did win my low ball bids on two pieces of GA art ... the last two pages of the Power Man story from FIGHT COMICS #5 (1940). They are PURE golden age, and the only golden age art I own.

Superheroes, gorillas, dope smuggling ... its all there! These pages look great in person.

Even a big boob!

Jack

not to mention the rubber

Now if someone will sell me their FIGHT COMICS #5 ... :wishluck:

fight5OApg4.jpg

fight5OApg5.jpg

Moon Girl #3

moongirl3.jpg

That's awesome to have an entire storyline in original print. It looks great!

"Get the Engineer, Prince!"

(darned comma)

and a special appearance by Tin!

Great stuff.

Jack

Moon Girl #3

moongirl3.jpg

Those are very nice. Moon Girl is probably more rare than Phantom Lady and she is a rare EC superhero. Unfortunately, she is still missing from my collection.