• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

Raoul et Gaston is the translated name of Tim Tyler's Luck, the strip by Lyman Young, older brother of Chic Young of Blondie's fame.

The thing of interest about the strip is that Alex Raymond helped (drew) on the strip for Lyman before going out on his own.

It's a great strip. Nice art by Lyman and Raymond.

You never know when you are going to need a Battle Ostridge and the grilled ostridge I had in Namur was excellant.

:headbang:

2318409485_ce78de013f_o.jpg

Hey all - i'm new to the boards, but not new to collecting. How do you like these apples?

Especially good for those that like craps and comics.

Welcome to the forum. I can't see the scan. The code says sup2-10?

The Cat Man (first appearance from Crash Comics Adventures (Temerson, 1940 series) #4, no miss victory. Buck Burke, Solar legion, Jane Drake, Flying Trio and Shangra

I like those Holoyke reprint issues, also (Solar Legion is by Kirby).

I know I posted an image of this when the deal was secured, but here is a better image of it, if for no other reason it is in hand!

There is a note on the back about who inked it and it doesn't jive with GCD. Penciler is Paul Reinman, inker begins with a Ko.... Can't make out the handwriting

LOVE this page from All-American #55, January 1944!

aa55art.jpg

Billbo, I purchased the artwork directly from the buyer who got it from Chet Kozlak himself. I still have the catalog from the collection and it states this about Kozlak: "Chester Kozlak illustrated various adventures of D.C. characters from 1942-1947 - Flash, Green Lantern, Atom, Wildcat, Hawkman and Justice Society. To assist in his illustrating duties, Chet was often given comic books, tear sheets and art to use as character guidelines." That is why the collection contained art from such D.C. legends as Jack Burnley, Joe Kubert, Sheldon Moldoff, H.G. Peters, Irwin Hasen, Paul Reinman, Hal Sherman, Mart Nodell, Hibbard, Blummer, Young, Mayer and Kozlak himself. Enjoy the artwork pal, you were about the only person I'd sell it to ^^

I know I posted an image of this when the deal was secured, but here is a better image of it, if for no other reason it is in hand!

There is a note on the back about who inked it and it doesn't jive with GCD. Penciler is Paul Reinman, inker begins with a Ko.... Can't make out the handwriting

aa55art.jpg

Billbo, I purchased the artwork directly from the buyer who got it from Chet Kozlak himself. I still have the catalog from the collection and it states this about Kozlak: "Chester Kozlak illustrated various adventures of D.C. characters from 1942-1947 - Flash, Green Lantern, Atom, Wildcat, Hawkman and Justice Society. To assist in his illustrating duties, Chet was often given comic books, tear sheets and art to use as character guidelines." That is why the collection contained art from such D.C. legends as Jack Burnley, Joe Kubert, Sheldon Moldoff, H.G. Peters, Irwin Hasen, Paul Reinman, Hal Sherman, Mart Nodell, Hibbard, Blummer, Young, Mayer and Kozlak himself. Enjoy the artwork pal, you were about the only person I'd sell it to ^^

(worship)

aa55art.jpg

(worship)

The next time I go to Chicago, I'll try to remember to bring the catalog to show ya the OTHER artwork found in the collection. You've got two pieces of it so far Billbo!! Not too bad for a guy who wasn't interested when the collection surfaced. :baiting:

aa55art.jpg

(worship)

The next time I go to Chicago, I'll try to remember to bring the catalog to show ya the OTHER artwork found in the collection. You've got two pieces of it so far Billbo!! Not too bad for a guy who wasn't interested when the collection surfaced. :baiting:

I will acquire them all

aa55art.jpg

(worship)

I will acquire them all

I may actually know where a few others are. I think I know someone who has a page from the same All American #55 (page 8) and I believe a different collector has the Peters page from Sensation #76, as well as the Sheldon Mayer Scribbly page from All American #4, which is one page gag story. However, I believe that NONE of the aformentioned pages are currently for sale. Now that works in your favor, because you've got plenty of time to assemble a cash stash and could have me inquire at your leisure. Something to think about .... hm

aa55art.jpg6667112113_cb2a884e2b_z.jpg

And it looks pretty good in color.