• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,441 posts in this topic

I had wanted to include this as my top purchase of 2011 but didn't get it scanned till tonight. Needless to say, I'm totally ahppy to have gotten this.

Exciting1.jpg

Holey Mother of... That is an amazing comic book!

I had wanted to include this as my top purchase of 2011 but didn't get it scanned till tonight. Needless to say, I'm totally ahppy to have gotten this.

Exciting1.jpg

Holey Mother of... That is an amazing comic book!

It's way better in hand. The scuffs on the case don't show up nearly as much. It is soooo sweeet.

Exciting1.jpg

Beauty Jeff.

:P I had the opportunity to buy that book in 1978 for something like $150 to $200 doh!

I had wanted to include this as my top purchase of 2011 but didn't get it scanned till tonight. Needless to say, I'm totally happy to have gotten this.

Exciting1.jpg

(worship)

Funny how with every new Pedigree that comes along, I learn to appreciate the original Mother of all Comic Motherlodes even more. What an absolutely beautiful book Jeff. Congrats! :applause:

I had wanted to include this as my top purchase of 2011 but didn't get it scanned till tonight. Needless to say, I'm totally happy to have gotten this.

Exciting1.jpg

(worship)

Funny how with every new Pedigree that comes along, I learn to appreciate the original Mother of all Comic Motherlodes even more. What an absolutely beautiful book Jeff. Congrats! :applause:

People talk about the San Fran's, etc but really its not even close as I still find it hard to fathom just how many high grade, top census copies of so many early GA books the Church collection has. Blows my mind.

Already posted in General but I wanted an excuse to post in Golden :)

Its taking its time but my GA Bat collection is starting to take shape.

Batman #19 CGC 7.0 Offwhite Pages

Bat19.jpg

Batman #64 CGC 8.0 Offwhite to White Pages

Bat48.jpg

Already posted in General but I wanted an excuse to post in Golden :)

Its taking its time but my GA Bat collection is starting to take shape.

Batman #19 CGC 7.0 Offwhite Pages

Bat19.jpg

Batman #64 CGC 8.0 Offwhite to White Pages

Bat48.jpg

Looking good :)

Exciting1.jpg

(worship)

I use to own this book. It is a smoking copy. With the color choices for the cover, the high quality makes this book zing. Beside gotta love the cover.

I wound up doing a sale and a sale within 10 minutes which turned the Church copy into cash and the cash into original art. "Monopoly money", if you will, since what I had into the book made it easy to buy the exorbitant price on the art. But as you see the art, it was kind of a no-brainer. But I did lust after this book, so I wound up with the larson copy which does not hold a candle to this book. Congrats!! jb

120145.jpg.6058bee49227573d9532845e3e078760.jpg

120146.jpg.ec303f96df97179a112f1f8846d600cf.jpg