• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,441 posts in this topic

terrific5-1.jpg

- hooded vigilantes reminiscent of KKK -check

- buxom blonde chained in shackles- check

- blonde about to be lowered onto death machine- check

- handsome hero severely in the bg shooting to no avail- check

-drawn by Alex Schomburg- check, check, check!!

Michael, you've been a busy boy.

terrific5-1.jpg

- hooded vigilantes reminiscent of KKK -check

- buxom blonde chained in shackles- check

- blonde about to be lowered onto death machine- check

- handsome hero severely in the bg shooting to no avail- check

-drawn by Alex Schomburg- check, check, check!!

Michael, you've been a busy boy.

I have indeed Ron! You're checklist accurately explains why its my favorite cover.

Low grade, tape, but nice pages. A book I've always been fond of. Thanks to Terry's Comics for this one

82ba6050.jpg

Bill this IS beautiful. What an intriguing cover. This character, from when "superhero" was not already a crystallized word, makes you dream of the possibilities.

What if the Crimson Avenger had the success of Batman instead of him? At least one of the few interesting things brought in the 1990s was that heroes can be cool even in civil dresses, or with more varied uniforms, and not just the costumes.

Thanks Claudio. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder :)

That Tec has a pulp style cover. Oversized superhero and odd perspectives seem to fulfill the pulp editors desire to display the hero on the cover as prominently as possible.

Edited by BB-Gun

Wow! A busy weekend on the boards.

Beautiful books Mike. Your Planet run has got to be near complete.

Detective 22 is such a cool book. Congrats Bill.

Low grade, tape, but nice pages. A book I've always been fond of. Thanks to Terry's Comics for this one

82ba6050.jpg

Bill this IS beautiful. What an intriguing cover. This character, from when "superhero" was not already a crystallized word, makes you dream of the possibilities.

What if the Crimson Avenger had the success of Batman instead of him? At least one of the few interesting things brought in the 1990s was that heroes can be cool even in civil dresses, or with more varied uniforms, and not just the costumes.

Thanks Claudio. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder :)

That Tec has a pulp style cover. Oversized superhero and odd perspectives seem to fulfill the pulp editors desire to display the hero on the cover as prominently as possible.

Yes, unfortunately being Italian I have little familiarity with the majority of pulps, but artists knew their thing. My only pulp is a beautiful Margaret Brundage cover, insides I seem to recall Seabury Quinn and additional awesomeness. In Italy we have had the luck of an amazing book antology (about 20 issues) which selected the best Weird Tales stories. :)

Unfortunately, most of the Golden Age material has never been published (including Timely).

Thrilled to have picked up these two from my dear friend Jamie Graham

f73a5f5e.jpg

way to go, big boy!!

The Gator received final payment from me today on this lovely book. So, I should have it in hand by Friday.

I'll take a small group shot of the three of them then

Thanks Gator!!! :cloud9::luhv:

08a1995b.jpg

Thrilled to have picked up these two from my dear friend Jamie Graham

f73a5f5e.jpg

way to go, big boy!!

The Gator received final payment from me today on this lovely book. So, I should have it in hand by Friday.

I'll take a small group shot of the three of them then

Thanks Gator!!! :cloud9::luhv:

08a1995b.jpg

(worship):applause: