• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

8276532152_ba66b164f4_c.jpg

I am fond of these covers.

I'm quite fond of them as well. 20 and 25 are on my want list right now

Unfortunately, I don't think any of those copies would grade high enough for your collection. The Batman 25 you saw at Todd's house is probably the best of the bunch.

Picked up these beauties today at the Charlotte Mini Con, put on by the boards own Capt. Comics. It was a terriffic show today with lots and lots of nice GA stuff.

These came out of a new collection and are really, really nice. All have white pages and rich cover colors.

Blazing reds on this cover. I promise this scan hasn't been altered. The colors are really this nice!

Flash-73_zps9e96dda8.jpg

A really sweet Batman #25. Rich black cover.

Batman-25_zps1da804da.jpg

My favorite book of the three with a wonderful Starman cover. Beautiful greys and the bright yellow that just jumps of the page!

adventure-62_zps41bdfd9e.jpg

Thats it, but there were a lot more really nice GA books that I had to leave behind. Hopefully will pick some more up after Christmas.

Picked up these beauties today at the Charlotte Mini Con, put on by the boards own Capt. Comics. It was a terriffic show today with lots and lots of nice GA stuff.

These came out of a new collection and are really, really nice. All have white pages and rich cover colors.

Blazing reds on this cover. I promise this scan hasn't been altered. The colors are really this nice!

Flash-73_zps9e96dda8.jpg

My favorite book of the three with a wonderful Starman cover. Beautiful greys and the bright yellow that just jumps of the page!

Thats it, but there were a lot more really nice GA books that I had to leave behind. Hopefully will pick some more up after Christmas.

Wow, Rick! Those covers are beautiful. Great pick-ups! Anything else exciting in the OO collection? If they're anything like these, they've gotta be "must have's"!

Congrats!

Flash-73_zps9e96dda8.jpg

Beautiful batch of books! The Adventure would be my fav too,and it is pretty tough to find in nice shape. Congrats. (thumbs u

Flash-73_zps9e96dda8.jpg

Beautiful batch of books! The Adventure would be my fav too,and it is pretty tough to find in nice shape. Congrats. (thumbs u

It certainly is a beautiful batch of books. And white pages to boot :cloud9:

The Batman #25 is my favorite, but all three are sweet books

Here is the cool splash page on the Batman #25.

Batman-25-splash_zps47607528.jpg

8280141591_30686a6f90_c.jpg

8280143091_72843b284f_c.jpg

8280142775_8fcf79a4f8_b.jpg

I like the splash pages in Batman 20 and 25, by Burnley, but prefer the Year 3000 splash in Batman 26 by Sprang.

Edited by BB-Gun

All great books! Bruce, I love that Year 2000 story. It's one of my favorites. I also love the last page. I need to get a copy of Bat 26 again one of these days.

All great books! Bruce, I love that Year 2000 story. It's one of my favorites. I also love the last page. I need to get a copy of Bat 26 again one of these days.

I guess I should put in a spoiler alert. I like the last page but some of the other art by Sprang is pretty good.

8281833899_ec843208a4_c.jpg

8281833549_94f37e8b88_b.jpg

And, although not Batman, I enjoy these pages from Pep Comics #1

comet2_zps36add075.jpg

comet_zpsaeb78ab5.jpg

I really like the early work by Cole. I'll see if I can find my Pep 3 or 6. The Comet was a real anti-hero but I wish he stayed around long enough for Fuje to draw him as well.