• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

I sat on these three raw for a long time before I ever sent them.
You pressed them? :kidaround:

:makepoint:

lol

Great books Jeff. Beauties, all of them. Congrats on the grades.

Bid in a local PA auction and won a small lot of fun comics and items. I was really only after one of the comics, but they were sold as a group.

I'm not really a western collector, but for some reason I've wanted a copy of the Tom Mix Book 1 Ralston premium since I first saw a picture of it in the Gerber guide.

I've seen a few over the years for sale, but not at the price or in the grade I was looking for. Until this lot came up.

Here are some of the items from the lot

tommix1_zps30c46f13.jpg

The first time I became aware of Tom Mix was at the Western Performers Gallery at the (then) Cowboy Hall of Fame, now the more aptly named National Cowboy and Western Heritage museum in OKC.

Comic connection? The Duke's portrait is by Kinstler -

John Wayne by Kinstler then click on Western Performers Gallery

There was also a rodeo program from 1940, but this is the comic that led me to bid on the lot. Happy to have it :)

tommixbook1_zps3f31aa7d.jpg

2483108400_31c0bc2b4c_z.jpg

I like those Ralston issues very much. Meagher was the artist and he also drew Straight Arrow. I think I have the second issue in poor condition and a few later ones.

Picked up this Fawcett Tom Mix from Bob Horn.

2482293379_650d228326_b.jpg

You need a few more rings and badges to go with those first issues.

8292856350_def28978b4_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

:applause: Fun you should find it at an auction in PA since that's where Mix was born, "not far from Driftwood in central Pennsylvania's Cameron County".

The mailing label on the back of the comic is for Dornsife, PA. Which is about 130 southeast of Driftwood

There was also a rodeo program from 1940, but this is the comic that led me to bid on the lot. Happy to have it :)

tommixbook1_zps3f31aa7d.jpg

2483108400_31c0bc2b4c_z.jpg

I like those Ralston issues very much. Meagher was the artist and he also drew Straight Arrow. I think I have the second issue in poor condition and a few later ones.

Picked up this Fawcett Tom Mix from Bob Horn.

2482293379_650d228326_b.jpg

You need a few more rings and badges to go with those first issues.

8292856350_def28978b4_b.jpg

Your collection never ceases to amaze me BB :applause:

The first time I became aware of Tom Mix was at the Western Performers Gallery at the (then) Cowboy Hall of Fame, now the more aptly named National Cowboy and Western Heritage museum in OKC.

Comic connection? The Duke's portrait is by Kinstler -

John Wayne by Kinstler then click on Western Performers Gallery

Thanks for posting that link.