• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Welcome back. I was wondering where you were with your unusual books. This is cut/paste from a PM.

You can post photos two ways. On photobucket you can open up the photo then look on the right side of the page for the link codes. One is labeled IMG. If you click this it will automatically copy the code to post an image on this board. You then paste it into the message and post it. Super easy to do. You can also click the gear symbol if you are on a page that shows what is in your folder and get the se codes.

If you don't see the IMG code, go to your account page and look for the check boxes on what link codes you always want to see make sure the IMG text box is selected.

Otherwise you need to copy the http address for your photo, go to the Full redone screen' and select the IMG icon on the top row of the response screen. It is the third one on the left. Paste you address code into the box and you are good to go. You will probably need to delete the http that shows up when you click the icon as this is usually already included in the address you copied,

Tough book to find in nice shape. Fun time #nn (#1) sucha thick comic at 100 pages usually has bad spine roll. I have two nice copies I have found. Both the best I have seen so far. Here is the #2 as well in great shape. I have the #3 as well just can't find the pic right now. I think there were only three issues in this series.

Fun-time1.jpg

funtim1_zpsb287b59a.jpg

fun-time2.jpg

Edited by Earthshaker01

A group shot of some kinda recent buys...

group_zpsc5123de7.jpg

I have (or had) most of those but not the Thrilling Crime. It is probably one of the best Cole covers ever. Can you post a scan with just that one?

group_zpsc5123de7.jpg

I have (or had) most of those but not the Thrilling Crime. It is probably one of the best Cole covers ever. Can you post a scan with just that one?

Sure.

thrillingcrime49_zpsaadf8fa2.jpg

group_zpsc5123de7.jpg

Sure.

Wow, that is one pretty cover. Nobody did it like LB.

group_zpsc5123de7.jpg

Sure.

Really nice! Thanks!

Nothing wrong with a purple giant! That used to be my copy a long time ago.

Here is the highest graded. Odd #1 book I think it falls under Fox Giant series.

1935b7ec-eef1-418e-ae36-ac9040fceefe_zpsccfe6430.jpg

They say this 3-D Action 1953 is scarce I guess. Metropolis comics has only ever seen 2 issues and the highest graded 8.5 just sold for over 900.00 bucks. I seriously need to start sending some of my stuff to CGC. I own two 9.0+ copies with the glassess attached. here they are.

38648624-0e3f-4536-a600-9787ed4188d2_zpsee6221b4.jpg

3-DAction1.jpg

These should be listed as big fish that got away.

Well maybe not so big but

I have been trying to get this group into my collection for a while.

Ad is from All Flash 8.

8582201353_83e45667c1_b.jpg

I only have one in decent shape.

8050508529_39bd1fdaa4_c.jpg

This came out of an estate sale of an aviation hobbiest, I paid 100.00 for it. not a bad copy at all. Suprizingly white for its age 1941

Skyman1.jpg

Too cool, and I think $100 is a great deal considering how pristine that looks.

I agree. $100 is a wonderful price for that book. Ogden Whitney is under appreciated, I think. Maybe because he spent most of his later career toiling in relative obscurity at ACG.