• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,427 posts in this topic

8806229082_e1cd96a710_c.jpg

I have seen big variations in the color of Fiction House comics

but never noticed a big difference in St. John's publications until I compared these two copies of Tor 3. Which do you like better?

A repost from the Timely thread. My back up for the CL 5.0 copy that sold for a hefty final hammer price last night. Not HG by any means but such a cool Timely war trials cover. Also, a good example why you shouldn't erase pencil marks. I'll have to find me an upgrade sometime soon.

SuperRabbit1rawebay_zps7084b5f3.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

For my 10,000th post I thought I would post a book that I got recently thanks to fellow boardie Todd aka Redfury. This is a book that I've been after for years. There's a bit of history here. When Comic Investments opened in Northeast Philly in the late seventies, they had two copies of this book, one in Good for 60.00,and another that was graded Fine(but looked much nicer) for 120.00. As an 11 year old kid, I used to drool over both copies, wondering how I could raise the money to buy one of these books. It never happened, of course. But now, thanks to Todd, I have the Rockford copy of a book I've always wanted: Blue Beetle 1. Thanks to Todd for helping me get a book that has always been near the top of my list of "wanted comics".

bluebeetle1zps8b61e7c0.jpg

I hope Todd doesn't mind that I stole his scan, as my scanner isn't very good with slabs.

8806229082_e1cd96a710_c.jpg

I have seen big variations in the color of Fiction House comics

but never noticed a big difference in St. John's publications until I compared these two copies of Tor 3. Which do you like better?

I'm pretty happy with the look of this one. :)

Tor3.jpg

Thanks, guys!

I was there when the deal went down. Larry was grinning from ear to ear. Congrats again buddy!

You're welcome, Larry! You've been after me about that book since August, so I figured you must REALLY like it! lol

Thanks! I am really happy about it, and the other book I got. :whistle:

Do you mean the one that looks similar to this wonderful book that arrived this morning?

:cloud9:

GreenLantern1CGC_zps2a9705a7.jpg

looks like FedEx man paid someone a visit

Do you mean the one that looks similar to this wonderful book that arrived this morning?

(worship) (worship) :o :o

looks like FedEx man paid someone a visit

He did indeed. Thanks again Gator! :)