• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

got what i understand is a tough one off the 'bay. isn't expensive enuff a book to cause me any pgx angst. i'll get a better pic when it's in hand; this is just taken from the listing. i love the colors on this one.

sw9.jpg

got what i understand is a tough one off the 'bay. isn't expensive enuff a book to cause me any pgx angst. i'll get a better pic when it's in hand; this is just taken from the listing. i love the colors on this one.

sw9.jpg

Cool as heck and nice hogans to boot

sw9.jpg

Cool as heck and nice hogans to boot

World of the monster brain. :cloud9:

I was going to say more but certain monster brains of my acquaintance might take offense.

Edited by Flex Mentallo

sw9.jpg

Seem to be a lot of PGX slabs out there from 2009. The peak of their business, I guess. hm

Don't know where else to put this one given that it's a pre-Tomahawk issue (which I would put in the Shadow of Atomic Age thread). Anyway, Newsboy Legion, Robotman, Liberty Belle, etc ... Art is below average. Stories are DC poor. So it holds little charm but the Robotman was OK and the cover packs a punch so I'll go back to that well when I find another issue.

StarSpangled52_zps03d6e4d5.jpg

This issue popped up and I COULD NOT resist...looks pretty nice for the grade IMHO!!!! sorry for the glare of myself in the background!! I have been searching for a presentable lower grade copy of this particular issue and this one fits the bill just perfectly :cloud9: Moldoff's first Hawkman cover and from what I have heard also his, "favorite!!"

9670058535_d87f3af0e9_b.jpg

This issue popped up and I COULD NOT resist...looks pretty nice for the grade IMHO!!!! sorry for the glare of myself in the background!! I have been searching for a presentable lower grade copy of this particular issue and this one fits the bill just perfectly :cloud9: Moldoff's first Hawkman cover and from what I have heard also his, "favorite!!"

One of the very best GA DC covers, period! (worship):applause:

:applause: A great book. Congrats.