• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
47 47

48,562 posts in this topic

That's my wheelhouse too (thumbs u

[font:Times New Roman]Judging from his signature books, Mr. Parker's wheelhouse appears to be well above the waterline.[/font] lol

while a master of mid-grade, i'll also raid the rarefied now and then.

ss23.jpg

Patience sometimes pays off. I've been waiting a few years, scheming and plotting for a way to pry this book loose. It finally happened...oh joy!!!!

silverstreak7.jpg

Now that's a Golden Age comic! :applause:

I like the bit with the boomerang circling the Claw's head. Adds richness and humor to an already great cover! Super book Ricky!

eyes are peeled for a nice 47, sir. what a cool run to put down [almost].

That would be very kind and I'd be overjoyed. I think I've turned over every rock I know of looking for it. I found the 56 by searching the board archives till I found someone who had posted a copy and then PMed them and made an offer. It had a pepto bismol-pink stain on the front cover but Matt Nelson buffed it out. It was probably a 6.0 before that.

I've run out of places to look for a 47.

Here's one of my favorite Golden Age books and one that is hard to locate in the middle to upper grades. I know the Church copy sold for major $$$$$ a year or so ago but I'm satisfied with this copy. I bought it at a local show from Harley Yee back in the 1990s. Kudos to Harley as he sold it to me for a fair price at the time. And the OW/W PQ was a plus as well.

DSCN8475.jpg