• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,458 posts in this topic

Here's one of my favorite Golden Age books and one that is hard to locate in the middle to upper grades. I know the Church copy sold for major $$$$$ a year or so ago but I'm satisfied with this copy. I bought it at a local show from Harley Yee back in the 1990s. Kudos to Harley as he sold it to me for a fair price at the time. And the OW/W PQ was a plus as well.

DSCN8475.jpg

One of my all time favorite covers! Congrats!

First GA book I've bought sight unseen :banana: I get dizzy looking at it -- if anyone can explain to me the perspective going on here, I'd appreciate it!

ww12front_zps796033ae.jpeg

Wonderful Fox book! Not sure about the perspective,but it looks as though the green baddie has a broken lightsaber.

First GA book I've bought sight unseen :banana: I get dizzy looking at it -- if anyone can explain to me the perspective going on here, I'd appreciate it!

I think we can safely tell you this now

:gossip: You bought a Wonderworld 12!

Mark off another one very nice newbie!

quote=HRCostigan]First GA book I've bought sight unseen :banana: I get dizzy looking at it -- if anyone can explain to me the perspective going on here, I'd appreciate it!

Great book. If you're serious with the perspective question, I think it's a poorly executed attempt at a single vanishing point in the middle of the picture. The line of sight if the gun is the obvious reference point. The lines on the floor tiles converge at a different point though.

Incidentally, comic book covers often use visual cues to bring the eye towards the centre, like strong lines or figures diagonally pointing - lots of Fiction House examples. Once this was explained to me I started seeing it all the time.