• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,436 posts in this topic

I am VERY pleased to add this little Lev Gleason GEM to my collection courtesy of a fellow boardie!!! :grin: Thanks again Dave have a great weekend in the windy city man!!!

Great cover ! Got to your doorstep quick. Gonna CGC it ?

I am VERY pleased to add this little Lev Gleason GEM to my collection courtesy of a fellow boardie!!! :grin: Thanks again Dave have a great weekend in the windy city man!!!

Great cover ! Got to your doorstep quick. Gonna CGC it ?

I know right!!!!!! wipple overnighted it to me :grin: which I wasnt even expecting so you can imagine how excited I was when the Fedex man came (worship) !!!! I think I will eventually CGC this book just because I am soooo intrigued as to what they would say about it!!! This book has more tape than any other book I have ever seen in my life it is almost comical but I love it!!!! (sidenote - this was already disclosed to me and many pics were sent so I knew this before purchase) Someone in the history of this book REALLY took there time with it (amateurishly but took their time none the less and I appreciate that effort) They literally taped every single page along the edges especially the bottom right where you would turn the page....It acts almost like an assist to the turn the page actually...Unfortunately, some of the book has slightly brittled over time (also disclosed prior to sale so no suprises there) I can tell you the book SMELLS awesome and will be read later tonight after I put the women and children to bed!!! :cloud9: It will be a delicate read but I already sense a wonderful experience!!! Once again about slabbing it...I display my books so I probably will have it slabbed and placed on my Wall-O-Slabs somewhere with the rest of my low grade GA beauties!!! I am thinking CGC may grade this a 1.0 with a LOT of notation lol Now its time to hunt down a matching #7 :idea:

Definitely on a roll :banana:

Yeah, the purple label dims its shine a bit (CGC 8.5 MP) but it will have to do until I manage a Blue.

[ 1 9.2®, 1 9.0, 1 8.5 & 3 8.5®, 1 8.0® ]

Will post a better scan when I have it in hand.

144173.jpg.0107bf6b54fc95569185df64bf924319.jpg

Yeah, the purple label dims its shine a bit (CGC 8.5 MP) but it will have to do until I manage a Blue.

2nd BOY WONDER!! :applause: keep em' coming man!!! and oh yeah....CONGRATS (thumbs u

Edited by gino2paulus2

Congrats,it's a gorgeous book, resto or not. I've always liked the cover with Bats punching the baddie off the girder to his death.Reminds me of the solo Bat.