• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,414 posts in this topic

I wonder how many are aware that Bonnett's books is still in business? See that stamp on the Supersnipe cover? How many of you have books that were bought at Bonnett's? Did you know they are still open and still sell comics? Amazing... :gossip:

I have at least one book with the Bonnett's stamp.

do-24-061_zpsb749b7db.jpg

Can't sleep so I figured I post lol

I only have a hand full of pulps but when I saw BB-Gun posted his copy last month I had to have one lol

I will be reading this today.

image_zps27fe0fca.jpg

Congrats! Glad you were able to get one. :applause:

Posted these in the Kelly thread, but I thought I would post them here as well. All contain Barks, Kelly, and Stanley -- the holy triumvirate of GA funny animal books. Also like the fact that they appear to be true file copies, rather than warehouse find file copies.

0625780011a_zps75cb58cd.jpg

0625780011c_zps196d7a08.jpg

0625780011e_zpsbf8f5876.jpg

This is a the only Our Gang that I own. #1. I don't really buy comics in the 6.5 range, but I feel this book was and has been seriously undervalued. When I bought this years ago I paid next to nothing for it. It was right when the housing market crashed and prices were drastically lower on all collectibles. Just couldn't pass it up and the fact it's Tom and Jerry's 1st appearance.

Sorry for the pic. Never took time to scan this one. It should have graded at least a 7.0. Likely to crack and resend one day.

c71ba7e2-8bd2-4d54-bebd-9411aa72cea4_zps9be2308b.jpg

Edited by Earthshaker01

I wonder how many are aware that Bonnett's books is still in business? See that stamp on the Supersnipe cover? How many of you have books that were bought at Bonnett's? Did you know they are still open and still sell comics? Amazing... :gossip:

I have at least one book with the Bonnett's stamp.

do-24-061_zpsb749b7db.jpg

You gotta love how Bonnett's put that stamp on the covers of all the comics they sold...I hope they don't still do that...

This is a the only Our Gang that I own. #1. I don't really buy comics in the 6.5 range, but I feel this book was and has been seriously undervalued. When I bought this years ago I paid next to nothing for it. It was right when the housing market crashed and prices were drastically lower on all collectibles. Just couldn't pass it up and the fact it's Tom and Jerry's 1st appearance.

Sorry for the pic. Never took time to scan this one. It should have graded at least a 7.0. Likely to crack and resend one day.

c71ba7e2-8bd2-4d54-bebd-9411aa72cea4_zps9be2308b.jpg

Our Gang are great books. Nice copy of No. 1.

Spent the weekend with my geek buddies down in Florida this weekend and had a blast,

And I was able to make a trade with my bestest buddy and came home with one of my favorite books of all time

:cloud9:

morefuncomics52_zps64850dd6.jpg