• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

Another recent pick-up (just to prove I haven't COMPLETELY moved away from "high grade")!!!!

feature80large_zps0f7feeef.jpg

I used to own that copy. Congrats, it's a very pretty book with a great cover!

You guys seem to know a little about all the books. Riddle me this. What is this book? I assure you it is not Animal Crackers #9. The guy I bought it from stated he worked for some different comic magazines back in the day and was a advisor to Overstreet i.e..Comic Buyers guide and things like that, and it was his personal quest to find the missing Gerber books, which apparently he did find many of them. His last name was Browning. He bought this book 20+ years ago and it was supposedly the missing and possibly the only #1 in existence. The cover is similar to AC #9 but you will notice there is no number on mine and the 10 cent is in a different location. Was going to send it into CGC to see what the make of it.

I did see on Mycomicshop.com they had an Animal Crackers listed for sale, but had none in stock nor a picture of it. They have it listed as #nn (1946) assuming this is the same comic.

AnimalCrackers1_zps38aa57aa.jpg

Attended my first comic show since moving out here to AZ. The Phoenix Comic Con is this weekend and and I went today. Kind of went on a shopping spree too. I've been binge buying large logo mid grade DC golden age lately, and I like it :)

actionhaul_zpsb124bbd4.jpg