• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of theme collecting these giant issues.

AllComics.jpg

Katnip and Transom cover (that's DT w/ the stogie) :headbang:

that is one fun book, and some fun history behind it. and how many kids had the walking liberty half dollar this thing would'a set them back?

Nice early political promotional comic.

Eisenhower.jpg

I'd be interesting to find out whether there was a similar promotional comic for Stevenson and Kefaufer, the Democratic candidates. I would love to have that copy. Oh, I like Eisenhower, but Nixon was a red-baiting, anti-Semetic, crook. The only reason Eisenhower put him on the ticket was to appease the far right elements of the party.

Nice early political promotional comic.

Eisenhower.jpg

I'd be interesting to find out whether there was a similar promotional comic for Stevenson and Kefaufer, the Democratic candidates. I would love to have that copy. Oh, I like Eisenhower, but Nixon was a red-baiting, anti-Semetic, crook. The only reason Eisenhower put him on the ticket was to appease the far right elements of the party.

I am not aware of ones for Stevenson or Kefaufer, but Harry Truman made one, which is thought to be the first political comic book:

HarryTruman.jpg

I am not aware of ones for Stevenson or Kefaufer, but Harry Truman made one, which is thought to be the first political comic book:

HarryTruman.jpg

That's really cool. I've never seen that one before! I always love the building up of Truman after the fact. Too bad most people are unaware of how it all turned out for him in the end. Poor guy. (thumbs u

Here's a nice 1939 DC. You might say it's low grade lol Interesting concept for 1939 of pasting a photo head on a comic art body :idea: ??

newmoviecomics6d-1.jpg

Thats very cool. I'd love to page through that one (thumbs u

Had a great time visiting with my buddy David (comics-n-erb) who happened to be in town on business. We did some comic horse trading and I was able to pick up some nice low grade comic goodness :)

captainvideo4.jpg