• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,451 posts in this topic

Wow, thats a great book!! \(worship\) I always thought this cover was on par with Amazing Man #22 for green monsters, plus Kurtzman on the inside!!

It's hard to beat green super-sized fanged Nazi gorillas but the Super-Mystery cover has its own grotesque charm. It's also drawn by Kurtzman.

The artwork and the coloring are mind-boggling!! (worship)

i like this cover....

120498.jpg

6733605711_ca6631aa2c_z.jpg

These new acquisitions aren't in great condition but they are all pretty nice to see in a bunch.

I am particularly fond of the Four Color which matches the coloring book that I purchased ten or so years ago.

I liked that cartoon too.

It's no Double cover but it is a Super Mystery Vol 1 #1 I aquirred a few years back. Not sure what it would grade at but its got to rank right up there.

Super-mystery.jpg

wow! Great book. Would love to have a fine copy someday

Btw, could that be the actor Richard Carlson's book?

I guess it could be, but he would have been 29 when it came out.

Who knows. Edgar Church was 49 when Action #1 came out.

I would guess a 29 year old would have more chance of having a name stamp in 1942 or whenever it was than a 12 year old. (shrug)

He would have been in the war at the time.

Edited by shiverbones

Btw, could that be the actor Richard Carlson's book?

I guess it could be, but he would have been 29 when it came out.

Who knows. Edgar Church was 49 when Action #1 came out.

I would guess a 29 year old would have more chance of having a name stamp in 1942 or whenever it was than a 12 year old. (shrug)

He would have been in the war at the time.

Based on this IMDB profile it looks like he went to war in 1943

It's no Double cover but it is a Super Mystery Vol 1 #1 I aquirred a few years back. Not sure what it would grade at but its got to rank right up there.

Super-mystery.jpg

Here is the Larson....i always found this a neat title, so I put the run together several years back....some fun stuff .....

120587.jpg.d30a52b3ecd5575d02f76dfc2780111c.jpg

120588.jpg.076d93c34d487b9b536bf46d0a517a25.jpg

120589.jpg.65178c9da723205a6cadb8226895cd63.jpg

120590.jpg.eb2039689ce38e06d6c4cbb9dcbf0c8d.jpg

120591.jpg.1fb4463c40b4ea06b6a95d715afd6001.jpg

Super-mystery.jpg

Here is the Larson....i always found this a neat title, so I put the run together several years back....some fun stuff .....

Thanks for posting ...been really thinking about doing this run and seeing these has sealed the deal!

Super-mystery.jpg

Thanks for posting ...been really thinking about doing this run and seeing these has sealed the deal!

+1