• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,450 posts in this topic

TipTop034cgc70fc.jpg

Quite a Tarzan run you have there, Jeff.

When a certain New York dealer obtained some Church early Tip Tops, they were CGC'd at 7.0 (only to be cracked and listed raw on their website as 9.0's), so that makes your copies even that more impressive.

Hard to find books, hard to find grade, all vere cool (my favorite cover pictured above :luhv: ).

:golfclap:

TipTop034cgc70fc.jpg

Quite a Tarzan run you have there, Jeff.

When a certain New York dealer obtained some Church early Tip Tops, they were CGC'd at 7.0 (only to be cracked and listed raw on their website as 9.0's), so that makes your copies even that more impressive.

Hard to find books, hard to find grade, all vere cool (my favorite cover pictured above :luhv: ).

:golfclap:

.....I like that one also. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This code is "10-2"

So, any thoughts on what the extra numbers could mean?

geneau.jpg

Could be the number of regular display copies (10) and the number of "hold" copies (2).

Could be.

Another thing I find interesting is that some Church books, like Boy Commandos #9, have a "1" as the number of copies. Now, considering they new they already had 1 copy sold to Church, why would they not order at least 2 copies, 1 for Church and one for the racks?

Another thing I find interesting is that some Church books, like Boy Commandos #9, have a "1" as the number of copies. Now, considering they new they already had 1 copy sold to Church, why would they not order at least 2 copies, 1 for Church and one for the racks?

Because.... well.... it's Boy Commandos! (:

Joe Simon, in his autobiography, said that Boy Commandos was their biggest selling book.

Joe Simon, in his autobiography, said that Boy Commandos was their biggest selling book.

:news:

I actually like Boy Commandos!

Boycomm2.jpg

boy22mh.jpg

:news:

I actually like Boy Commandos!

Boycomm2.jpg

boy22mh.jpg

.....I like 'em too. D.C. was putting out the reprint title in the early 70's and I thought it was neat. I was already an S&K fan by then....even making inquiries about Back issue availability of Sandman in Adventure from mail order dealers....they were as much as an AF 15...about $ 25......which was a LOT of paper route money lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Picked up this little McKay book, Magic Comics #1, from Ciorac recently. Thanks Bill!

Besides Henry, this book has Mandrake the Magician, Thimble Theater (Popeye), and Secret Agent X-9 inside. Cool stuff!

MagicComics1VGF.jpg

Picked up this little McKay book, Magic Comics #1, from Ciorac recently. Thanks Bill!

Besides Henry, this book has Mandrake the Magician, Thimble Theater (Popeye), and Secret Agent X-9 inside. Cool stuff!

MagicComics1VGF.jpg

Awesome Todd! :applause:

MagicComics1VGF.jpg

:applause:

MagicComics1VGF.jpg

:applause:

I like the little anchor stamp.

You're in the Navy now!

The scan below is from a nothing book (value-wise), but it has an interesting history.

Besides being a student of the American Civil War, the stamp on the cover got me because it identifies a building in my hometown that I must have driven by thousands of times to work over the decades. I knew the location very well.

The building was a Navy recruiting office (it's gone now) back in the old days, and I never knew that till I purchased this particular comic. I can just imagine them passing out the comic to potential recruits who visited the office. It's a small world, indeed.

NavyGlendale001.jpg