• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Hey, Im just new to the forum and new to the hobby. Here is some of the comics I have acquired this week. Are they a good start to a golden age collection? I wasn't sure if I should have them slabbed or not? Kind Regards, David.

David, welcome to the boards and to the hobby. I think you've got some great books to start, but the more important question is this, "Are you happy with them?"

The Golden Age encompasses so many genres and you will see a myriad of collecting areas presented here. I see comics posted on these boards that I would love to acquire and others that I admire, but have no desire to own. The Golden Age is truly "to each his own."

I don't think there is a good or bad start on collecting GA. Just find something you like and enjoy!

Hey, Im just new to the forum and new to the hobby.

SPACE ACTION #1 (Ace 1952)

$T2eC16JHJH8E9qSEUg7OBQ4MkFUuSQ~~60_57.JPG

Love it (thumbs u

Here's #2...

spaceaction2.jpg

Published by Stanhall. Who also published GI Jane, but only a handful of other titles. Wondering if anyone knows - was this one of Stanley Morse's companies (of Stanmore/Aragon/Gilmor fame, who published Weird Mysteries, Weird Chills, Mr Mystery etc.)?

Another one off the list of the Batmans I am recollecting. I've always been a fan of this issue, and am very happy with this copy :)

Batman25_zps35f34bdc.jpg

:cloud9: and the Harold Curtis copy, too.

Walter, do you see the Bat symbol reflections in the slab? Any idea where they may have come from?

Another one off the list of the Batmans I am recollecting. I've always been a fan of this issue, and am very happy with this copy :)

Batman25_zps35f34bdc.jpg

Walter, do you see the Bat symbol reflections in the slab? Any idea where they may have come from?

I see them now. Very cool. You must have been using your officially licensed Jim Gordon Bat Signal flash attachment for your camera. Or were you near a window in Gotham City and the Bat Signal was being cast on the clouds outside? Either way, it's very weird.

Batman25_zps35f34bdc.jpg

I see them now. Very cool. You must have been using your officially licensed Jim Gordon Bat Signal flash attachment for your camera. Or were you near a window in Gotham City and the Bat Signal was being cast on the clouds outside? Either way, it's very weird.

lol

I was wearing my Batman pajama bottoms when I took the picture doh!