• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,448 posts in this topic

beautiful books, pons! how cool to walk in a lcs and find those. are the first two church books? sure look like it.

They look, smell, feel and act like Church books

Might have to go back tomorrow and get the rest

beautiful books, pons! how cool to walk in a lcs and find those. are the first two church books? sure look like it.

:o you, you, you walked out without buying all of them ? :sorry:

lol

I got the best three :sorry:

lol

(thumbs u My biggest regret was there was some guy selling a bunch of GA Batman's on CBG, all high grade. I was skeptical but decide to take a chance and buy one with the plans on buying all if the one looked like it was graded decently. This was pre-scan days. Here is what arrive at what I think was graded a VFN. I called immediately once I saw the book but all the rest were sold. :cry:

batman_36.jpg

Great stuff Ciorac. Amazing find.

Well the mailman came today. FINALLY I got a copy of this book. Been drooling over Flex's copy for a while. Hard sucker to find. Been kicking down doors for a while until I found one overseas.

RomanticHearts9_zpscabfcefa.jpg

lol

(thumbs u My biggest regret was there was some guy selling a bunch of GA Batman's on CBG, all high grade. I was skeptical but decide to take a chance and buy one with the plans on buying all if the one looked like it was graded decently. This was pre-scan days. Here is what arrive at what I think was graded a VFN. I called immediately once I saw the book but all the rest were sold. :cry:

batman_36.jpg

I've seen quite a bit of those "KC" books over the years. Generally they are very nice books!

lol

batman_36.jpg

I've seen quite a bit of those "KC" books over the years. Generally they are very nice books!

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I thought the same.

Went back this morning and bought the remaining high grades from the collection they obtained. At least one of them is a bonafide Church. Two seem to be Big Apple or something like that, the others I'm still researching.

I also bought two other, non pedigree, but wonderful books that I will share shortly. An amazing weekend for comics to be sure.

I thought the same.

Went back this morning and bought the remaining high grades from the collection they obtained. At least one of them is a bonafide Church. Two seem to be Big Apple or something like that, the others I'm still researching.

I also bought two other, non pedigree, but wonderful books that I will share shortly. An amazing weekend for comics to be sure.

:applause: [font:Times New Roman]Congrats! Opportunities like that don't happen every day. [/font] (thumbs u

I thought the same.

:applause: a decision you will never regret

Quite surprised to find these stellar copies of some 1940 golden age at a local comic store today. Small defects on otherwise newsstand fresh copies

:)

magic16_zpsbfb03f90.jpg

Whoa, Bill! What store was that?

Here is one of the non pedigree books I bought today. First time I think I have had a first printing of this book.

This is a nice solid copy as well :)

classics1_zps8c76ee4a.jpg

Wow nice pckups love those Magic Comics