• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

I like any WWI flying cover/story. thumbsup2.gif I need to check out Two-Fisted Tales. They'll probably be the next EC reprint set I buy.

sumo.gif then you should try G-8 and his Battle Aces pulp, nothing but WWI flying stories written by a WWI pilot veteran giving you that authentic feel contemporary authors can only dream of and I'm sure you've an eye on this: EC-Archives-Two-Fisted-Tales.

Wow, now I want to start collecting G-8! I have always thought the cover art on those pulps was very strong.

Well, the FedEx man was kind to me today... after a few months of time payments, I got my SILVER STREAK #6. A lower grade copy, but solid, with nice paper. And the art inside is fantastic... really top notch stories (two by Cole I believe), esp. the PLANET PATROL strip, which features giant star-fish/octopus men!! And the cover speaks for itself... I would have just bought the cover.

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

1490156-SS%236POST.jpg

589a8b119371a_1490156-SS6POST.jpg.9b6e7c85527276c3303ef5cfe1bad363.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Thanks guys! Its a really nice book, inside and out. And yes, the "Harold" signature does kind of add a "cool" factor to the book I think. Many would see it as a negative aspect, but I love covers that kids have scribbled their names on. It gives the books some personality and history.

Wow, now I want to start collecting G-8! I have always thought the cover art on those pulps was very strong.

Well, the FedEx man was kind to me today... after a few months of time payments, I got my SILVER STREAK #6. A lower grade copy, but solid, with nice paper. And the art inside is fantastic... really top notch stories (two by Cole I believe), esp. the PLANET PATROL strip, which features giant star-fish/octopus men!! And the cover speaks for itself... I would have just bought the cover.

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

1490156-SS%236POST.jpg

hello all...

wow ryan, GREAT book (and I am not that much of a non Tec/Batman fan)...but I sure like the looks of it

rick

Another ashcan arrived today. It's amazing how many use the cover art from Boy Commandos #1. The guys at DC must have absolutely loved that cover. Although the fact that it's by Simon & Kirby makes that pretty easy!!! cloud9.gif

RealFact.jpg

Silver Streak 6 is an all-time classic, Ryan. I'm sure that you'll get tons of enjoyment from the book. Isn't the Golden Age just great!

Now you need to look for a Silver Streak 7 (lots of Cole).

STEVE

Thanks Steve... Cover to cover, it is one of the nicest books I own ...

And there just happens to be a (restored) copy of SS #7 on Heritage right now, and its killing me!!! Would love to bid, but I'm basically done for the year (and a good part of 2007 also) (** excluding AMF vol.2/#5 of course!). Oh well, I'm sure it will come up again. (missed out on the dentist's copy, which sold under guide!)