• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Got this neat lil' Harvey in the mail today on the super cheap d/t its raggity condition but it presents well enough...I love Captain Red Cross's utility belt bottle of blood plasma and how his cape helps make the banner for comics title!!!! From what ive seen in this issue he only appears in a text story where the Spirit of Mercy creates him stating, "I create you Captain Red Cross...Fear Not! Go now...Recover your General! Dedicate yourself not to destruction but to the saving of human life in mankind's fight for Freedom! Now go!" Good stuff!!!

15254725918_e331993ca0_b.jpg

Edited by gino2paulus2

Got this neat lil' Harvey in the mail today on the super cheap d/t its raggity condition but it presents well enough...I love Captain Red Cross's utility belt bottle of blood plasma and how his cape helps make the banner for comics title!!!! From what ive seen in this issue he only appears in a text story where the Spirit of Mercy creates him stating, "I create you Captain Red Cross...Fear Not! Go now...Recover your General! Dedicate yourself not to destruction but to the saving of human life in mankind's fight for Freedom! Now go!" Good stuff!!!

Perhaps it belonged to this fellow?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Bellamy_(British_Army_officer)

Superman is awesome! Like the comic.

hm No arguments here about that!! :eyeroll: WTTB (welcome to the Boards) I see you have already figured out the signature line!! buddy you picked that up a lot quicker than me haha!!

Edited by gino2paulus2

I had been eyeing this copy of Ebay so I just pulled the trigger on it today. :grin:

9e0360001858614e919ac313bb8054fdc4f829cd.jpg

Always thought this was a great Supes cover.

Congrats! It is a great cover

speaking of Awesome Sups books!!! (thumbs u nice copy and Ciorac those Adventures are stunning!!

it was hiding in plain sight on c'link.

cool book just read the last story called Manhunt...Spirit tells Dolan he needs to quit focusing on the police handbook when it comes to solvin' homicides and Dolan tell the Spirit his theory...Spirit asks him, "Still gettin your mental exercise from JUMPING to conclusions, Dolan?" lol who woulda guessed in the end the police handbook is what saves him!!! literally....awesome stuff!! great pickup

Nice. Never seen that one.

Nice. Never seen that one.

why thank you!! :grin: