• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2020 at 11:07 PM, Frisco Larson said:

For those who don't frequent the Timely thread. A new arrival :)  Sorry about the back cover glare, but it's such a cool back cover, I had to show it! 

Marvel Mystery 19 front.jpg

Marvel Mystery 19 back.jpg

The stories are great in this issue, especially the Human Torch versus the Hag. Jules Feiffer included it in his book The Great Comic Book Heroes, one of the most important books about comics published in the sixties.

6 hours ago, Primetime said:

Congrats (thumbsu Love the date stamp and store stamp :x

Thanks Ben! It's been a while since I owned a copy of this issue and it's always been a favorite! I actually collect comics and pulps with that store stamp and would like to find more! So if anyone has any for sale, please let me know!  (thumbsu Here's another issue that I was lucky enough to find and add to my collection.  :banana:

Action 35.jpg

5 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

The stories are great in this issue, especially the Human Torch versus the Hag. Jules Feiffer included it in his book The Great Comic Book Heroes, one of the most important books about comics published in the sixties.

You are spot on correct Larry, it's a great issue on the inside!!! My last copy was raw the entire time I owned it and it's really got everything you could want in a Timely!!! Burgos Torch, Everett Subby, S&K Vision, Gustavson Angel and house ads galore!!! Inside front cover ad for Cap 3, interior ads for Subby 1 and Cap 2 and a Sentinals of Liberty ad inside back cover with Cap AND the Torch!!! I dug out my Masterwork waiting for the 19 to arrive!!! :bigsmile:

Ok, this book was in the first batch of Eldon Hamann True Comics that I purchased from an Iowa dealer who was in town and set up at a comic show. Could be nearly 10 years ago, but at some point after that I came on here and shared the info of Eldon's last name and where he was from, due to the fact that these books had the original shipping label still intact. Of the half dozen or so that I have, this is the only issue where Eldon wrote his last name on the cover! A big deal? I doubt it, but kinda cool. :headbang:

True 66.jpg