• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Nice pick-up Scrooge!!!! :applause:

Also is think Sardo hit a "Grand Slam" with his pick-ups!!! A nice day at the e-bay Superstore!!!

Thanks. I am being cautiously optomistic about these. I really paid very little for these items. If they come back in the right condition and resto free, i will be going :banana:

Some Feebay wins:

Slapstick1fr.jpg

These are great, but the Slapstick tops them all!

I think this is Munson Paddock, based on a discussion (here?) a while back. What a great, crazy cover.

You mentioned being "cautiously optimistic" about no restoration. These oddball books are a lot less likely to be restored than (pricier) superhero books, aren't they?

Jack

Black Diamond Western, Lev Gleason, Feb 1951. Frenetic Biro cover dominated by that @#$% logo taking over half the space. The book is well indexed at GCD -- looks like the stories are mostly one-man efforts by William Overgard. Quirky but not bad artwork. Interesting PSA about giving your teacher an appreciation party signed by Fasang. The topper is a great Bingbang Buster story by Basil Beanery Wolverton!

bldiamwest23.jpg

Jack

Some Feebay wins:

Slapstick1fr.jpg

These are great, but the Slapstick tops them all!

I think this is Munson Paddock, based on a discussion (here?) a while back. What a great, crazy cover.

You mentioned being "cautiously optimistic" about no restoration. These oddball books are a lot less likely to be restored than (pricier) superhero books, aren't they?

Jack

I love this cover as well. Published by Comic Magazine Distributors in 1946. I believe the artwork was done by Howie Post, but am not positive.