• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

if the "hang tough" is a real D ick Winters sig, then unfortunately, the one on the comics was NOT made by the same person...basic handwriting analysis will confirm that...sorry to say

I would love to compare your autograph now to those from your high school years.

do "X"'s change much over the years? i hear with 3 degrees from fla. one can block print, but he stopped at 2.

I think its pretty clear the signatures are not from the same person. Doesn't change the fact these are OO Golden Age books with high page quality that haven't been messed with in any way. Makes them pretty special, just the same. :cloud9:

I found one Winters sig via google that looked like it matched. The rest I saw don't. The D, K and W are the key points for comparison.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signed-Band-of-Brothers--Winters-autographed-hat_W0QQitemZ170308412816QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090305?IMSfp=TL090305129002r8370#ebayphotohosting

I'd say 20-80 it's him.

EDIT: As a side note, there was a time in the 90's when I had to do a lot of autographing because I wrote two issues of Spawn. My co-writer, the letterer, had me create an entirely new, streamlined sig just so my hand wouldn't fall off and that it'd be readable later by the too-kind folks who wanted it. The later Winters sigs look like a sig he learned much the same way since he's been doing a million autographs since BoB.

Edited by agro23

My signature from back in the day looks NOTHING like it does now, and has completely changed characteristics many times over the last 20 years. I even still sign different things different ways.

that's all nice and fine, but be sure you sign mia's books real purty.

My signature from back in the day looks NOTHING like it does now, and has completely changed characteristics many times over the last 20 years. I even still sign different things different ways.

that's all nice and fine, but be sure you sign mia's books real purty.

hm

Winters would've been 21 or 22 at the time my 'Tec 46 was purchased, and in his final year of college. The Signature on the book, however, seems to be made by someone younger..a teenager or young boy. Not saying it can't be, but its a stretch too be sure.

Thank you. All-Star 12 has been my grail since I began collecting again. I will actually be posting a very long winded thread about why, with many pictures.

:popcorn:

Probably tomorrow night. I have to get everything together. (thumbs u

ME neither. I do see some similarities and would not rule it out at all. Especially since both the seller and the man were both in PA.

My sig in high school was much like Winter's. Easy to read. Now it's an ineligible squiggle and it has definitely evolved along the way.

R.

if the "hang tough" is a real D ick Winters sig, then unfortunately, the one on the comics was NOT made by the same person...basic handwriting analysis will confirm that...sorry to say

I would love to compare your autograph now to those from your high school years.

still identical... but, the hand writing class I took (admittedly, was years ago), details certain characteristics that you learn or use early on, that don't change, even during maturation...

All-Star 12

AS.jpg

All-Star 22

AS002.jpg

Awesome books! :applause:

indeed... AS is still a great run to put together and luckily, doesn't get a lot of love these days, so you can do it cheaper!

still identical... but, the hand writing class I took (admittedly, was years ago), details certain characteristics that you learn or use early on, that don't change, even during maturation...

Gator if I put up a scan of my two sigs (early and late) you'd never know they were linked.

Gator if I put up a scan of my two sigs (early and late) you'd never know they were linked.

no doubt I might not, but you would be suprised just how related they actually are... again, it has been 20 years since I took the class, but I remember the Instructor did just such and experiment and was 100% correct each and every time (if the 2 were from the same, etc)... W is one of the key letters...