• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FREAKIN' THOUGHTLESS POSTAL CARRIERS!!!

33 posts in this topic

What does the USPS do with packages that don't fit in your PO Box?

I am quite sure they keep them off to the side or near your PO box depending on how they are set up. I know a local post office near me has a area in the back above the PO boxes where they stack the larger packages and basically leave you a notice to pick it up at the counter. You should get a PO Box if you plan on having nice things delivered to your house and you are not generally home when mail is delivered. Even if your normal carrier is nice get a PO Box. It protects from theft generally speaking unless they break into the PO itself.... 893naughty-thumb.gif.

Hey, watch it pal...at worst, they're "action figures." tongue.gif

I have no plans of putting a dress on Juggernaut or pretending to feed him any kind of food or drink. Magneto will not be going on any dates with my Black Widow statue, and Colossus will definitely not be attending any make-believe proms or other entertainment-related imaginary social events. If I imagine my "action figures" doing anything, it will be using their powers to beat the living [!@#%^&^] out of each other!!! stooges.gif

wrong FF! 893naughty-thumb.gif action figures have moveable arms and legs, i don't think those statues have that feature. 893whatthe.gifgossip.gif

I know, but they're more like "action figures" than "dolls." Dolls usually have moveable arms and legs too. Tell it to the old hoot who brought the topic of "dolls" up, not me. smirk.gif

Action Figure is just the name they came up with to justify boys playing with DOLLS.

It's all a marketing thing.

Employee A: "That's a great idea, but boys don't play with dolls."

Employee B: "Here's what we do...We call them "ACTION FIGURES"..."

And the rest is history.

Action Figure is just the name they came up with to justify boys playing with DOLLS.

It's all a marketing thing.

Employee A: "That's a great idea, but boys don't play with dolls."

Employee B: "Here's what we do...We call them "ACTION FIGURES"..."

And the rest is history.

Why, you sexist mo-fro. tongue.gif

I'll go along with the notion that as a statue buyer, I like to "play" with stuff...I don't mind that because it shows imagination. But the feminine jabs are all off the mark! If I like to imagine my action figures or my statues or whatever FIGHTING--not getting along and having fun on the beach in their Malibu Barbie pink Corvettes, but BEATING EACH OTHER UP--then that's undeniably macho-masculine and you're a pansy yourselves if you can't see otherwise. grin.gifstooges.gif

Mine puts a little notice in your box and you have to go collect it from the window. That works fine for me. I haven't had any damaged goods at all in my PO box. I have the pricier one, but you can get them for fairly cheap.

Well, if you do get lots of packages, you may want to go to Home Depot or such and get a bigger mailbox or put a box on your front porch or someplace easy for the postal worker. I know the carrier should be more responsible, but it doesn't hurt to be proactive. It would be a shame that nm hulk 181 gets water damage. 893whatthe.gif

Well, if you do get lots of packages, you may want to go to Home Depot or such and get a bigger mailbox or put a box on your front porch or someplace easy for the postal worker. I know the carrier should be more responsible, but it doesn't hurt to be proactive. It would be a shame that nm hulk 181 gets water damage. 893whatthe.gif

I have the biggest mailbox you can get...yet for some inexplicable reason someone that I can only assume was a temporary postal carrier dropped a normal-sized Priority Mail box on my front doorstep on a day that rain was forecast for. 893whatthe.gif

They make them fit !!! --- no , they leave a slip in the bos, and there is a book shelf type of thing and they are on shelves....not stacked in a pile since there usually is only a few packages each day...if they are delivered to your house, then they are thrown into a truck and it usually is a truck delivering only Priority packages - again, this increases the risk of getting a box damaged.