• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS:Putting up alot of nice books...starting now!

502 posts in this topic

Hey everyone....I have made a collecting decision and plan on pursuing a different course. With that said, it is time to start dramatically culling books from my collection. My wife and daughter will be in Houston all weekend and this will give me the opportunity to scan, review my grades and post alot of nice books. With that said....everyone needs to save their money so that they can buy all of my books this weekend. grin.gif

I have decided that I have too many books and need to concentrate my collection on the ones that truly fit my overall desire on how I want the collection to look. Plus, I need the room with a new munchkin on the way. Thanks for letting me give you a heads up and please look for the posts/scans this weekend.

Scott

Give us a clue then what will be on offer.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just answered a pm with the same question. I am honestly not sure what is going to be leaving yet....I just know anything but my Avengers run books are fair game. I am going to start culling tonight and tomorrow....and scanning on Friday.

I just wanted to send out a short message about this weekend but maybe I should have waited until I started posted. I'm sorry if I jumped the gun guys.

Scott

I see the UNC avatar and need to trump you with mine...sorry 27_laughing.gif

Don't be sorry.....you need to do whatever you can to make yourself feel better when you are not the #1 team in the country. grin.gif27_laughing.gif

Scott

Been a nice start this year, but man, when you play all Sophs and Froshs & 1 Jr, it gets tough. I think next year will be a good year, and still even being ranked in the top 5 for so long was nice, but too good to be true.

Any wagers UNC doesn't win it all? poke2.gif

should have posted this in General, dude. sumo.gif

but you're still okay, for a TarHeel fan

I planned on using the same thread to post the books.....so all of them will be for sale in this thread this weekend....and yes....I am ok for a Tarheel fan. tongue.gif

Scott

I see the UNC avatar and need to trump you with mine...sorry 27_laughing.gif

Don't be sorry.....you need to do whatever you can to make yourself feel better when you are not the #1 team in the country. grin.gif27_laughing.gif

Scott

Been a nice start this year, but man, when you play all Sophs and Froshs & 1 Jr, it gets tough. I think next year will be a good year, and still even being ranked in the top 5 for so long was nice, but too good to be true.

Any wagers UNC doesn't win it all? poke2.gif

Yep...it is tough on the 'Heels too starting all freshmen and a sophomore. poke2.gif

I will never wager on who will win it all come tournament time as it is a completely different beast. However, it is hard to bet against a team that has the frontcourt that Carolina has and the work ethic/hustle of Hansbrough. I will say this about Texas however as I get to see/read about them everyday. I know they are not ranked high due to some early losses, but I would be scared to death to play them come March. Kevin Durrant is the real deal and is going to be big. The kid can flat out ball. Texas is going to be tough the longer these kids play together, but I would bet everything that Durrant will be one and gone. I would if I was him. The guy is scary good.

Scott

Then it would'nt be a college fund thread poke2.gif

There will be alot of books from that thread I guess....but the proceeds will go towards other books that will add to the fund.....so technically the fund is safe as long as I put back into it, which is my plan. This is what I meant about a new course for my collection...not as many books, and high grade/keys for the ones that I do have.

On another tangent....I am going to have alot of my high grade baseball cards graded by SGC and will be selling those too and putting that money into more books. I have alot of nice high grade cards from when I collected 20 years ago. Also, I am probably going to get rid of almost all of my toys too. My collections are taking over and it has to stop somewhere....and this is going to be somewhere.

Scott

It has been brought to to my attention that I was not supposed to post anything that has to do with an upcoming sale of books. It was not my intention to step on any toes or break any rules. I will not post anymore in this thread or answer anymore questions until the actual sale. Sorry for not following forum rules in this regard. Thanks.

Scott

It has been brought to to my attention that I was not supposed to post anything that has to do with an upcoming sale of books. It was not my intention to step on any toes or break any rules. I will not post anymore in this thread or answer anymore questions until the actual sale. Sorry for not following forum rules in this regard. Thanks.

Scott

I wouldn't worry about it. Some people's toes are just too big. I would also start a new thread once you start selling. I think the rule about posting it in general may be a bit out of place. I think this would be a better place to post a FS thread as anyone that want to buy books would be looking in here. I am assuming that not everyone in any other forum would be interested in buying and if they did, they'd look here anyway. Maybe a slight modification to the rules are necessary. There are a lot worse posters than you, Scott. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Scott

I wouldn't worry about it. Some people's toes are just too big. I would also start a new thread once you start selling. I think the rule about posting it in general may be a bit out of place. I think this would be a better place to post a FS thread as anyone that want to buy books would be looking in here. I am assuming that not everyone in any other forum would be interested in buying and if they did, they'd look here anyway. Maybe a slight modification to the rules are necessary. There are a lot worse posters than you, Scott. 893applaud-thumb.gif

the point is that we keep this forum only for sales and buying threads, not threads that announce upcoming threads, OT discussions, or what have you. being a "bad" or "good" poster has nothing to do with it.

rules are rules are rules. my statement of same has nothing to do with how i feel about Scott as a person, poster, unc fan, father or whatever