• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOM to grade

9 posts in this topic

Here's a couple of sweet books I picked up today.

I'll link so you can pick what you want to download.

HOM 174 small

HOM 174 LARGE

HOM 174 - There is a faint stress above the price. Just above the stair knob on the right, there is a dent that looks like where the string that bound the books left an impression. Less than 5 small faint stress lines on the spine. The back cover is clean, but the OWL card says it's Cream to Off White. The inside pages are better at OW.

Next...

HOM 178 small

HOM 178 LARGE

HOM 178 - There is a very faint stress that barely breaks color just under the top staple. The right hand corners are curled back and the top one has a couple of hairline cracks just in the tip of the corner. Right in the middle of the "c" in the price, there is the same dent on the right side of this book as the 174. Again the back is extremely clean with the same color paper as the 174 on the back cover and inside pages.

Hey, and this one has Adams art! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Both books are flat with no surface dings and have stunning color.

Anyone care to guess a grade for these?

It looks like theres a small crease on the bottom rt. corner of the 174 which does break the color if I'm not mistaken? I'd give that one a 7.5 if the back is as nice as you say.

The 178 is very nice VF/NM (9.0) for sure, upwards of this might depend on exactly how sharp those corners are.

Very nice copies great covers 893applaud-thumb.gif

The bottom right corner of the 174 that looks like a color break is actually lines in the print. Lines in the staircase rail.

Thanks to all that posted so far! cool.gif