• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think I found a way to end the Gman VS Kevin Feud.

45 posts in this topic

I just noticed when I read my 5th argument between Gman and Kevin for the day that Kevin mentioned that Gman's comic collection wasn't as good as his. That got me to thinking this is a comic collecting board and this would be a good way to end all arguments. It could be like a pay per view cage match. They both post their 5 best comics CGC graded or not and we decide who has a real collection and who is just being a . And for those of you who are wondering, yes I realize that I am asking for it by making this thread. My guess is that Gman and Kevin will use this to argue and it will go on for like 7 pages but atleast it should stay here. Come on Kevin I know you have a decent comic collection so use this oppertunity to put Gman to shame and end it here. Or heck Gman prove us all wrong and post a scan of a major key or something. Ok here we go *ding* *ding* ROUND ONE.

Ericc123 893frustrated.gif

Thats the beauty of this "cage match" we decide. If you think Gman's 9.6 ASM 129 is the cat's meow then vote for his collection and he wins. If Kevin's ASM #14 in 9.4 helps him win the day than good for him. I just seriously want to see what they have and end it here. smile.gif

Ericc123

It's just not fair to judge a man by his top 5 comic book possessions! What about the minty freshness of his BMW or his significant other? How many points do u get for an environmentally friendly monthly bus pass? stooges.gif

I give gman a hard time cause he's a insufficiently_thoughtful_person...He gets into your buisness,checks what your bidding on/selling on ebay,all of a sudden he's looking for books your looking for,charges insane prices for his books, I only said his books sucks to [!@#%^&^] him off and yes, his collection does suck...besides the guy is so freakin cheap,he tells people they paid too much for books,but yet he has nothing.I'll go along with it though,sure if you wanna talk books,i'll post my collection and have gman post his.

ASM 14 9.4 NM

Hulk 4 9.2 NM-

Journey Into Mystery 96 9.2 NM- Northland

JIM 97 9.0 VF/NM

JIM 98 9.2 NM-

JIM 99 9.2 NM-

JIM 100 9.0 VF/NM

JIM 102 9.2 NM-

JIM 108 9.2 NM- Mass.

JIM 110 9.2 NM-

JIM 111 9.0 VF/NM

JIM 113 9.2 NM-

JIM 115 9.2 NM-

JIM 124 9.2 NM-

Ok, gman feel free to list what you got,but i'm sure you sold everything already.

ok well this sounds like fun.....see I have no problem with Kevin and what he collects, it is his methods and his uneducated statements on comics and the excessive $ he pays for books that I take issue with. He makes statements like "dc sucks" and really believes it. He thinks in absolutes. He has no history of comics at all. And yes I like to get a good deal on books and am not in business to make dealers rich...I will let Kevin do that. BTW, I thought u owned a Hulk #4 in 9.2 ($4500), did you trade it for a #2?

Anyway, here are a few books that i have kept in my collection.

ASM #14 8.5 vf+

ASM #16 8.5 vf+

ASM #17 9.2 nm-

ASM #18 9.0 vf/nm

ASM #27 9.4 nm

ASM #100 9.6 nm+

ASM #129 9.6 nm+

ASM annual #5 9.4 nm

CAPTAIN MARVEL #33 9.8 nm/m

CONAN #1 9.6 nm+

DAREDEVIL #43 9.6 nm+

DETECTIVE #400 9.4 nm

SILVER SURFER #3 9.4 nm

TOD #10 9.4 nm

ok well this sounds like fun.....see I have no problem with Kevin and what he collects, it is his methods and his uneducated statements on comics and the excessive $ he pays for books that I take issue with. He makes statements like "dc sucks" and really believes it. He thinks in absolutes. He has no history of comics at all. And yes I like to get a good deal on books and am not in business to make dealers rich...I will let Kevin do that. BTW, I thought u owned a Hulk #4 in 9.2 ($4500), did you trade it for a #2?

ASM #14 8.5 vf+

ASM #16 8.5 vf+

ASM #17 9.2 nm-

ASM #18 9.0 vf/nm

ASM #27 9.4 nm

ASM #100 9.6 nm+

ASM #129 9.6 nm+

ASM annual #5 9.4 nm

CONAN #1 9.6 nm+

DAREDEVIL #43 9.6 nm+

DETECTIVE #400 9.4 nm

SILVER SURFER #3 9.4 nm

TOD #10 9.4 nm

What a bunch of junk...lol BTW, Thanx for correcting me on the Hulk,at least you are good for something and went back and fixed it,Also too..I have a Journey into Mystery 85 CGC 9.0 (white) that im getting. Kevin

good 4 u....better work some more OT to pay or it...or go w/o electricity and running water for a few months...but i am sure u are used to that. grin.gif

my hot water/heat is free. 893applaud-thumb.gif I don't do overtime...I have to work tonight after having 4 nights off in a row,then work 3,and have 3 more nights off in a row..what's your work schedule? Everyday for 5 days a week? Now that you listed your pathetic books,getting back to the original topic here,now it's up to the rest of the forum members,who has the better collection as stated by Eric123. Kevin

ASM #14 8.5 vf+

ASM #16 8.5 vf+

ASM #17 9.2 nm-

ASM #18 9.0 vf/nm

ASM #27 9.4 nm

ASM #100 9.6 nm+

ASM #129 9.6 nm+

ASM annual #5 9.4 nm

CONAN #1 9.6 nm+

DAREDEVIL #43 9.6 nm+

DETECTIVE #400 9.4 nm

SILVER SURFER #3 9.4 nm

TOD #10 9.4 nm

What a bunch of junk...lol BTW, Thanx for correcting me on the Hulk,at least you are good for something and went back and fixed it,Also too..I have a Journey into Mystery 85 CGC 9.0 (white) that im getting. Kevin

Yeah, but I got a whole set of the current JLA series. grin.gif

ASM #14 8.5 vf+

ASM #16 8.5 vf+

ASM #17 9.2 nm-

ASM #18 9.0 vf/nm

ASM #27 9.4 nm

ASM #100 9.6 nm+

ASM #129 9.6 nm+

ASM annual #5 9.4 nm

CONAN #1 9.6 nm+

DAREDEVIL #43 9.6 nm+

DETECTIVE #400 9.4 nm

SILVER SURFER #3 9.4 nm

TOD #10 9.4 nm

Yeah, but I got a whole set of the current JLA series. grin.gif

Its official, ninanina has the best collection hands down. cool.gif

So far the edge goes to Kevin.

Now if we could know what kind of cars you drive, your favorite color, who your role model is, and why, and lastly, if you could answer the question, "If you had one wish what would you wish for?"(hint: world peace is an excellent answer)

Hey all,

Maybe I'm new here and my opinion doesn't count for much, but I find the continuing banter between Kevin and Gman hysterical. While the world would certainly be a better place if all of us got along, their posts to each other are pure gems and definitely good for a smile...