• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the first time, I am going to be a deadbeat and I don't care !

104 posts in this topic

Cgcfan, I feel for you. You made a mistake, and your offer to him was fair. However, the seller does have the right to refuse your offer, and you should pay for the book. I thought his reply to you was BS though, and I can see why you're p*ssed.

Cgcfan, I feel for you. You made a mistake, and your offer to him was fair. However, the seller does have the right to refuse your offer, and you should pay for the book. I thought his reply to you was BS though, and I can see why you're p*ssed.

Like your reply to the guy who was getting a divorce? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

F--k him. Guy wins a $10 comic and then tells me $10 is the world to him and he can't afford to buy the comic because he needs the money so he can win custody of his children in the divorce he found out about right after he won my auction? Riiighhht!! mad.gif

P.S. F--k you too Greggy! smirk.gif

F--k him. Guy wins a $10 comic and then tells me $10 is the world to him and he can't afford to buy the comic because he needs the money so he can win custody of his children in the divorce he found out about right after he won my auction? Riiighhht!! mad.gif

P.S. F--k you too Greggy! smirk.gif

Better reason than not reading a clearly explained description of a book! Damn hypocrite! tongue.gif

OK - know what you do? Buy the book. Take great care and use SCOTCH TAPE to reseal the centerfold. Then resub it to CGC. It will get a blue label. But do NOT use better than Scotch Tape or it will get a resto label. Not joking here. Am dead serious.

I don't know why you guys are replying with " you should pay for it"...I don't think he is going to,besides...have any of you paid for every single auction you have won? Kevin

I have paid for every auction I've won. This statement by you says a lot about your character.

OK - know what you do? Buy the book. Take great care and use SCOTCH TAPE to reseal the centerfold. Then resub it to CGC. It will get a blue label. But do NOT use better than Scotch Tape or it will get a resto label. Not joking here. Am dead serious.

POV, you and I think alike...I was thinking the same thing! Don't dare use archival safe tape though....(SHUDDER)....

I don't know why you guys are replying with " you should pay for it"...I don't think he is going to,besides...have any of you paid for every single auction you have won? Kevin

I have paid for every auction I've won. This statement by you says a lot about your character.

Hmmmm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....have any of you paid for every single auction you have won? Kevin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was not going to reply to this thread, but after reading OldGuys comment I changed my mind because I agree with what he said.

From a personal stand point, I am one of the biggest Thrill Bidding offenders on eBay. I have won more comics "accidentally" than I would care to admit. I have paid for every one of them, and usually within 24 hours of the actions end.

That is still a gorgeous book and I'm sure with a little perseverance, one could EASILY fix that Qualified flaw wink.gif

But that's NOT honest like these great, honest people on the forums who would never do ANYTHING that was immoral, illegal or even in the "grey area" !! Right ??!! - I think the thing that 893censored-thumb.gif me off the most is that everyone here is acting like I killed somone ...or i am some kind of incubus who sucks the life out of auctions that take food money out of poor orphans mouths !! - My honesty or integrity is being attacked....I admitted to the seller right away that I was wrong, that I didn't want the book and that I was willing to pay reinbursement for the fees and to relist it ! - Yet I am seen as being dishonest ??! - You people can't see the forset through the trees. And people that have dealt with me on here and on ebay know that I am not out to get someone....

So, i am expected (893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif) to belive that NONE of you clowns ever decided that you were going to buy a book from say...Metropolis, HG Comics, ComicLink, or maybe even a private sale...then decided that due to something, that you didn't want the book ??!!!! - of course you have....and yet, you all live sainly lives and would NEVER do this !!!

And as a side note, I recieved a very nice email from the seller and we have come to a mutual benifical agreement.

And as a side note, I recieved a very nice email from the seller and we have come to a mutual benifical agreement.

In the spirit of full disclosure could you tell us what the agreement is... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And in seventeen cases I have not paid for auctions of "CGC 9.4 Amazing Fantasy 15", "Mint Action Comics 1", "One human kidney", "Three hours alone with my pet sheep", "One-week stay on the International Space Station - Airfare not included" and a few that I can't recall...

Hey, Light? If you're not gonna pay for that kidney, can I have it back? The other one's getting lonely...

You're scaring me now, Pov... is this true? Knowing CGC, it wouldn't completely shock me, but it would definitely depress and distress me...

The notion of "Qualified" NM 9.4 is a total crock in the first place... the idea that you can reverse the "(Q)" rating with a piece of tape is downright looney...

I'm pretty sure that the OS grading guide allows loose c-folds on books up to FN, but certainly not on NM... why not just grade everything as 'qualified' and be done with it? It's just about as bad as the sellers who say "would be VF+ except for the multiple spine splits, top staple missing, coupon cut out and crayon markings throughout..."

Yeesh...

But that's NOT honest like these great, honest people on the forums who would never do ANYTHING that was immoral, illegal or even in the "grey area" !! Right ??!! - I think the thing that 893censored-thumb.gif me off the most is that everyone here is acting like I killed somone ...or i am some kind of incubus who sucks the life out of auctions that take food money out of poor orphans mouths !! - My honesty or integrity is being attacked....I admitted to the seller right away that I was wrong, that I didn't want the book and that I was willing to pay reinbursement for the fees and to relist it ! - Yet I am seen as being dishonest ??! - You people can't see the forset through the trees. And people that have dealt with me on here and on ebay know that I am not out to get someone....

You can kiss my ! You screwed up and then decided to whine on this Forum in an attempt for some sympathy. You're the one over-reacting here. You want to screw a seller for your mistake and think it's OK? Says everything you want to know about your integrity right there. Why don't you stop acting like a spoiled brat and take responsibility for your actions?

So, i am expected (893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif) to belive that NONE of you clowns ever decided that you were going to buy a book from say...Metropolis, HG Comics, ComicLink, or maybe even a private sale...then decided that due to something, that you didn't want the book ??!!!! - of course you have....and yet, you all live sainly lives and would NEVER do this !!!

Speak for yourself buddy. Why does it shock you that people here have morals that you apparently lack? I'm not surprised though....you're just another deadbeat. Enjoy the crowd you're associated with now.....

So everything's OK now after initially blasting the seller because you finally got your way? Incredible......

Jim

Just because you reneg on auctions does not mean everyone does. We "clowns" who said that we paid for every auction have already answered your initial question. Some people do live their lives with honesty and integrity.

I have made errors bidding on ebay. Bid on the wrong item, or bid impulsively and later regretted it. When I win, I pay, period. No questions, no emails to the seller, just a quick trip to paypal and a lesson learned. That's how it is supposed to be. That's not living a "saintly life", it's a simple case of doing the right thing.

I've also listed items at too low a minimum bid and had them won at a price I wasn't happy with. I sent the items. No begging the bidder to pay more, or renegging on the deal. Again, that's what's supposed to happen.

If you can't understand that there are honest people in the world, and people who live with integrity, then that refelects your own moral code, not ours.

-- Joanna

I stayed out of this for a long time so toes would not be stepped on, but...

As a seller, I would have relisted the item if the bidder contacted me immediately and told me the situation and was more than willing to pay for all of the associated fees for the screw up. Although I would be annoyed, there is no point in forcing a customer to pay for an item that they do not want if there is a mutual agreement that can be reached to make both sides somewhat happy. Remember a happy customer can do wonders for you in the future; repeat business, referalls, etc. Mike made a mistake. Big deal, life goes on.

As a buyer, I pay for everything I win. I have had my fair share of "wins" that I did not want. DOH 893frustrated.gif

[quoteI've also listed items at too low a minimum bid and had them won at a price I wasn't happy with. I sent the items. No begging the bidder to pay more, or renegging on the deal. Again, that's what's supposed to happen.

I just sold a whole mess of Tomb Raider comics and lost over $70.00 because I listed them at a low starting bid. I guess I misjudged the movie hype that didn't happen. No biggie, I sent them out. I was kind of hoping that the one bidder who bought five of them would bail since he didn't contact me until a ways after the auction, but he didn't and so I sold them at a loss.