• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sig Value

23 posts in this topic

After checking out the ASM 14 6.5 Stan Lee SS post....this quote got me thinking:

lets see.... buy an unsigned copy for about $400 and get it signed, or pay $2K 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How much does the signature raise the value of a particular book? I know the tougher the sig and the more valuable the book, the higher the total value...but how does one formulate this value after its signed? Any thoughts?? confused-smiley-013.gif

And one more thing...does placement of the sig on the cover bother you when you buy a book? (I.e. if its covering up a sizeable portion of the cover's artwork).

Signature placement/presentation is everything to me..... news.gif

So if the sig placement sucks and its in a terrible color...than no buy the book? (Unless its Byrne grin.gif)

Signature placement/presentation is everything to me..... news.gif

So if the sig placement sucks and its in a terrible color...than no buy the book? (Unless its Byrne grin.gif)

I won't buy books(regardless of the artist) if the signature is a mess. If I submit a book & it comes back with a fugly sig....I sell it.

Signature placement/presentation is more important to me than grade.

I won't buy books(regardless of the artist) if the signature is a mess. If I submit a book & it comes back with a fugly sig....I sell it.

So I guess you won't be getting anything from Chris Claremont. frustrated.gif

I had a bunch of X-books signed by Claremont. I submitted for interior signatures...and ended up with cover sigs. frustrated.gif

Sold them all except for one. It's my fave book from the run, so I've learned to live with it. grin.gif

SSXMEN140.jpg

SSXMEN140.jpg

893whatthe.gifcloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

And I thought my version was nice! thumbsup2.gif

After checking out the ASM 14 6.5 Stan Lee SS post....this quote got me thinking:

lets see.... buy an unsigned copy for about $400 and get it signed, or pay $2K 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How much does the signature raise the value of a particular book? I know the tougher the sig and the more valuable the book, the higher the total value...but how does one formulate this value after its signed? Any thoughts?? confused-smiley-013.gif

And one more thing...does placement of the sig on the cover bother you when you buy a book? (I.e. if its covering up a sizeable portion of the cover's artwork).

This is a really tough question I wonder myself. The value of the book might be listed at a decent price. For example, Walking Dead #1: est $100. But how much is it worth with both Kirkman's & Moore's Sigs. Double? Tripple? How much is one worth with only one. Or with a sktech. There's no priceguide for these things. I guess you just have to think how much it'd be worth to you and hope that someone else agrees.

it's tough. now you've to get a

nice book

nice grade

nice PQ

nice signature

nice placement

nice marker & color

Don't forget nice alignment of the book itself. I hate it when I get a slab that has the book crooked or off-centered or placed too much to the left or right.

I had a bunch of X-books signed by Claremont. I submitted for interior signatures...and ended up with cover sigs. frustrated.gif

Sold them all except for one. It's my fave book from the run, so I've learned to live with it. grin.gif

SSXMEN140.jpg

I might take that off your hands when I finish my run 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This is a really tough question I wonder myself. The value of the book might be listed at a decent price. For example, Walking Dead #1: est $100. But how much is it worth with both Kirkman's & Moore's Sigs. Double? Tripple? How much is one worth with only one. Or with a sktech. There's no priceguide for these things. I guess you just have to think how much it'd be worth to you and hope that someone else agrees.

I know of a Walking Dead #1 9.6 double signed that has sold twice in the $150 range.

Doubtful. The only reason any of my SS books go up for sale is because I need the money. By the time you finish your run....I imagine I will no longer have any need to sell anything. cloud9.gif
We'll see popcorn.gif

Doubtful. The only reason any of my SS books go up for sale is because I need the money. By the time you finish your run....I imagine I will no longer have any need to sell anything. cloud9.gif
We'll see popcorn.gif

Nice. Glad to see you're hopeful that my finances will continue to be in ruin. tonofbricks.gif

We'll see popcorn.gif

Nice. Glad to see you're hopeful that my finances will continue to be in ruin. tonofbricks.gif

Im sure your finances will improve...how else you gonna buy all those Byrne books back from me? smirk.gif