• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first experience with Popscomicbooks

89 posts in this topic

I just happened to come across this thread by accident and wanted to comment on a BAD experience I had with this seller.

Back in Oct-Nov of 2005 I saw a Captain America #66 in NM condition. I believe POPS had it on E-Bay for about $2200.00 with extended Payments. I spoke via E-Mail with Tina about details on doing this!!!! She told a down payment of $600.00 was required and the balance to be paid off by Dec. 31st. I agreed to this transaction and mailed her the partial payment of $600.00 dollars.

About 10 days before Dec. 31st (2005) I send the balance registered mail ($1500.00) to Las Vegas and waited for my comic. No one picked up the mail at the post office. It stayed there about four weeks or so and I couldn't get any response from Vegas. Before the transaction Tina was telling me about her Mother wanting to relocate near Sarasota (here in Florida- I live in Naples) and asking about what it was like here la-la-la etc....

Anyway a few weeks after the New Year they finally contacted me after the check was returned to me by the Post Office and they were wondering where the payment was. I told them I sent it and no one signed for it and that it was returned to me by the Post Office. They basically said that the money wasn't sent and that I renigged on the deal and kept my $600.00.

I was pissed but couldn't do anything about it. Never got my $600.00 back or the CAP #66 NM.

Since that time I just avoided them like a virus even though they sometimes showed some exception books on e-bay. I have learned a valuable lesson from this experience and will never deal with anyone that doesn't list their feedback on e-bay!!!! Private my !!!!

Edit; Sorry this Cap was not NM but VF/NM!!! Wanted to correct that!!!

Do you have proof of everything above? :popcorn:

If you do, I will represent you for free in trying to get your money back. A promise is a promise. (thumbs u

Are you reading this Tina? I'm watching you. :hi:

You go get her Mark :banana:

I just happened to come across this thread by accident and wanted to comment on a BAD experience I had with this seller.

Back in Oct-Nov of 2005 I saw a Captain America #66 in NM condition. I believe POPS had it on E-Bay for about $2200.00 with extended Payments. I spoke via E-Mail with Tina about details on doing this!!!! She told a down payment of $600.00 was required and the balance to be paid off by Dec. 31st. I agreed to this transaction and mailed her the partial payment of $600.00 dollars.

About 10 days before Dec. 31st (2005) I send the balance registered mail ($1500.00) to Las Vegas and waited for my comic. No one picked up the mail at the post office. It stayed there about four weeks or so and I couldn't get any response from Vegas. Before the transaction Tina was telling me about her Mother wanting to relocate near Sarasota (here in Florida- I live in Naples) and asking about what it was like here la-la-la etc....

Anyway a few weeks after the New Year they finally contacted me after the check was returned to me by the Post Office and they were wondering where the payment was. I told them I sent it and no one signed for it and that it was returned to me by the Post Office. They basically said that the money wasn't sent and that I renigged on the deal and kept my $600.00.

I was pissed but couldn't do anything about it. Never got my $600.00 back or the CAP #66 NM.

Since that time I just avoided them like a virus even though they sometimes showed some exception books on e-bay. I have learned a valuable lesson from this experience and will never deal with anyone that doesn't list their feedback on e-bay!!!! Private my !!!!

Edit; Sorry this Cap was not NM but VF/NM!!! Wanted to correct that!!!

I would venture to say there is less than a 1% chance that any raw GA book listed on ebay as NM is actually NM. Probably less than 5% of those listed NM are as good as VF. Your experience really sucks but why would you ever buy such a book raw, especially from someone like popscomics with a rather transparent questionable reputation ?

Too bad you weren't on the boards then. I have a feeling that one of the lawyers here probably would've helped you out.

His issue very likely falls within the applicable statue of limitations. The primary issue will be one of proof. Did he save all the mailings, checks, e-mails, etc. :cloud9:

I hope he did save all the info. I would love to see this unfold. If Mark isn't careful, he's going to give lawyers (and comic collectors) a good name.

Too bad you weren't on the boards then. I have a feeling that one of the lawyers here probably would've helped you out.

His issue very likely falls within the applicable statue of limitations. The primary issue will be one of proof. Did he save all the mailings, checks, e-mails, etc. :cloud9:

I hope he did save all the info. I would love to see this unfold. If Mark isn't careful, he's going to give lawyers (and comic collectors) a good name.

Hey, don't spread that around! (tsk) It will only serve to aggravate some of the other forumites and the general public who wish to hold a different opinion. :gossip:

(::hi:

Hey, don't spread that around! (tsk) It will only serve to aggravate some of the other forumites and the general public who wish to hold a different opinion. :gossip:

(::hi:

Well, speaking for myself, I've found that a lot of times when I've harboured resentments towards someone, the cause has been varying degrees of envy or jealousy. That's not saying that there are other reasons , like philosophical differences or actual wrongs commited by the other person, but envy factors in there a lot.

hello all...

I wanted to start a "new" thread, because I wanted the post to be "fresh" without any previously stated arguments for or against popscomicbooks.

Let me preface this by saying that this is my first dealing with them, and I wanted to give an accounting of that dealing, so that each may form their own opinion...I know that others have reported on these boards some negative issues with them and given warnings and some have responded with positive statements, so I simply wanted to report my thoughts/experience (again, one transaction does not a history make, but if this first one is any indication, then I suspect I will have more!) for anyone on the board to view. After all, the main function of this board is to discuss comic books, and with that comes discussion about buyers and sellers of our collecting medium.

Here is the book I bought...cgc5.5 More Fun 54, detached CF, white pages.

mf54r.jpg

I made an offer to Tina at pops, via an ebay auction listing, she responded and countered, we discussed via email, and we agreed on a price. Now, let me say that Tina's responses from the very first one, were both professional, and very cordial, not to mention extremely timely. I will also add that I can be kind of "specific" (i.e. "pain in the bottom") in setting up a deal with someone that I have never done business with, and Tina responded to each of my inquiries with honesty and professionalism.

Once the deal was made (again, neither of us had any previous dealings together), we established how payment was to be made, when payment was to be made, when and how the book was to be shipped, etc. Each stage went off perfectly (almost "too" easy), and Tina was extremely helpful and flexible in how the deal would be worked out to each of our mutual satisfaction.

That said, I was extremely impressed with her, and very pleased with the purchase. I am not posting this to start any debates, and I understand most of the issues with them have come from raw book purchases (and this was a cgc book...but in their description, they stated they thought the book looked nicer than the cgc grade, and having it in my hands, I would agree). Finally, I wanted to add that they shipped the book extremely well packed. I simply wanted to give credit , where credit was due, and to publicly post (and I was not in any way asked to do this) my experience. I have publicly praised/supported/recommended Metro and C-Link, etc, in the past, and I felt that this was worthy of some discussion. Based on this single transaction, I would feel confident in recommending them as a source for cgc graded material. I hope to make a raw purchase from them sometime soon, and will post those results as well.

thanks

rick

Another great book.One of my favorite MF covers.

D

hello all...

I wanted to start a "new" thread, because I wanted the post to be "fresh" without any previously stated arguments for or against popscomicbooks.

Let me preface this by saying that this is my first dealing with them, and I wanted to give an accounting of that dealing, so that each may form their own opinion...I know that others have reported on these boards some negative issues with them and given warnings and some have responded with positive statements, so I simply wanted to report my thoughts/experience (again, one transaction does not a history make, but if this first one is any indication, then I suspect I will have more!) for anyone on the board to view. After all, the main function of this board is to discuss comic books, and with that comes discussion about buyers and sellers of our collecting medium.

Here is the book I bought...cgc5.5 More Fun 54, detached CF, white pages.

mf54r.jpg

I made an offer to Tina at pops, via an ebay auction listing, she responded and countered, we discussed via email, and we agreed on a price. Now, let me say that Tina's responses from the very first one, were both professional, and very cordial, not to mention extremely timely. I will also add that I can be kind of "specific" (i.e. "pain in the bottom") in setting up a deal with someone that I have never done business with, and Tina responded to each of my inquiries with honesty and professionalism.

Once the deal was made (again, neither of us had any previous dealings together), we established how payment was to be made, when payment was to be made, when and how the book was to be shipped, etc. Each stage went off perfectly (almost "too" easy), and Tina was extremely helpful and flexible in how the deal would be worked out to each of our mutual satisfaction.

That said, I was extremely impressed with her, and very pleased with the purchase. I am not posting this to start any debates, and I understand most of the issues with them have come from raw book purchases (and this was a cgc book...but in their description, they stated they thought the book looked nicer than the cgc grade, and having it in my hands, I would agree). Finally, I wanted to add that they shipped the book extremely well packed. I simply wanted to give credit , where credit was due, and to publicly post (and I was not in any way asked to do this) my experience. I have publicly praised/supported/recommended Metro and C-Link, etc, in the past, and I felt that this was worthy of some discussion. Based on this single transaction, I would feel confident in recommending them as a source for cgc graded material. I hope to make a raw purchase from them sometime soon, and will post those results as well.

thanks

rick

Another great book.One of my favorite MF covers.

D

"Grow up and get yourself a set of balls"

Hey Esquire. You must have really pissed her off. :baiting:

No she wants him.