• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub-Mariner 24

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is where to post this or not, but here it goes. A friend of mine from work said he had some comics that he had collected hidden away in his closet.

The books ranged from the 60's - 80's. He said he did have one older Sub-Mariner book from the 40's that he had bought and put away, but it was not in really good shape.

He said that he would bring them to work and let me have a look at them. He brings them in 6 months later and 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wish I had books from the 40's that weren't in really good shape.

Sub-Mariner24FR.jpg

Sub-Mariner24BA.jpg

I told him about the boards and told him that I would try to get an opinion for him. What do you think?

Thanks,

Jeff

takeit.gif for a couple hundred!

takeit.gif for more then that guy grin.gif

Hey I was first 27_laughing.gif School yard rules right!

School yard rules? The biggest guy gets what he wants? Well then, I guess I get it wink.gif

takeit.gif for a couple hundred!

takeit.gif for more then that guy grin.gif

Hey I was first 27_laughing.gif School yard rules right!

School yard rules? The biggest guy gets what he wants? Well then, I guess I get it wink.gif

No, no, no..Ladies first, that should be the rule! laugh.gif

Thanks everyone! I'm not real up on the GA scene and told my friend that I thought this was about a VG or VG+. I am not very good at grading, just check the standings on Nic's grading contest. 27_laughing.gif

I also told my friend that he could probably get a few hundred for the Sub-Mariner and he had no reaction (you sort of have to know him). The funny thing about his collection, is whoever he bought these comics from, back in the day, grades worse than I do. They had this comic graded at Fair. He said that he bought it in the mid 80's. It's been in the same bag with board since.

Thanks again all,

Jeff