• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This shadiness of this guy is unrelenting!

38 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2186562023&category=68

Look how far you have to dig down to find "This comic is a reprint. Your bid is a confirmation that you understand this.". I like how he has clearly sectioned off all of the "***basically, this is the important info****" and doesn't mention the fact that this is a reprint there, in the title, or the first part of the item description.

You and I know better, but being THAT shady may take advantage of a new Ebay'er or someone not knowing any better.

Pathetic. Yes, I realize that's the guy trying to sell the 2 copies of Action #1 earlier.

893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

There is almost no doubt that this guy is a fraud. He's already got a few Negs.

Anybody who's says they don't want to grade a comic book is like a chef who doesn't want to cook your food (he might use spices you don't like).

I'm not going to sit back and do nothing. That Pep #17 is a reprint and the bidding is up to $45, which generally sells for $10 or less. I have emailed all the high bidders with the following:

"Hey buddy. You realize that Pep 17 is a reprint, and can be found just about any week on EBAY for $10.00 or less, right?

Just thought I'd let you know."

Don't care if I'm wrong. Note all the other reprints he's selling....

Eh, i have this book ! I never find it in the overstreet price guide. Do you know what's the value ?

It's a uber-common Alan Light Flashback from 1974, with black & white interior. $10 any day.

I'm not going to sit back and do nothing. That Pep #17 is a reprint and the bidding is up to $45, which generally sells for $10 or less. I have emailed all the high bidders with the following:

"Hey buddy. You realize that Pep 17 is a reprint, and can be found just about any week on EBAY for $10.00 or less, right?

Just thought I'd let you know."

Don't care if I'm wrong. Note all the other reprints he's selling....

I should win the book then take a ride over and kick his azz... sumo.gif

Eh, i have this book ! I never find it in the overstreet price guide. Do you know what's the value ?

It's a uber-common Alan Light Flashback from 1974, with black & white interior. $10 any day.

Thanks for the information acclaim.gif

I need space so i think i can now throw mine in the garbage grin.gif

I'm not saying it's garbage at all; it's a good reprint, and the only copy of that book that I have. I'm just saying a 'real' copy would be worth around $1000 in that condition, and he's betting that a couple of people will think their getting a 'steal' for a couple hundred bucks.

Very, very shady...

I should win the book then take a ride over and kick his azz... sumo.gif

Is he located that near to Moria? That explains a lot right there... wink.gif

27_laughing.gif...actually...I guess you could say that Hartford is the Mt. Doom of central Connecticut... 893whatthe.gif

Now here comes the sad part. Like I said, I am trying to move on out of the business of comics, so it would be stupid of me to go back on my word. Thus, I will not be able to offer you a refund.

This is my favorite part in the whole auction, actually I only gave it a cursory read, I couldnt fing the part where he mentions its a reprint, Ill have to read it closer.

893applaud-thumb.gif to what I am now calling the official "Ebay hole protection police" for flushing this guy out. Emailing the bidders, that goes above and beyond the call of duty. Great job again guys.

Well, one of the last times a Pep #17 reprint went up, it ended at $255. I was really pissed off about it, as I *KNEW* it was a reprint.

Need proof? Go here; I saved the auction....

Pep #17 Reprint NOT disclosed as such

After you're there, visit this page to view my *real* copy of Pep #17. All the reprints are severly miscut on the right hand side.

Pep 17 - A genuine copy

This is my favorite part in the whole auction, actually I only gave it a cursory read, I couldnt fing the part where he mentions its a reprint, Ill have to read it closer.

I had the same issue and would normally have given up but I had to find it. Once I did find it (about 2/3 of the way down, dead center of the page) it jumps out at me like one of those trippy 3-D pictures you used to see at the mall - you know the ones - you keep staring and all of sudden you see Darth Vader?

His deliberate shifty-shadeyness is absurd.

Well, one of the last times a Pep #17 reprint went up, it ended at $255. I was really pissed off about it, as I *KNEW* it was a reprint.

Need proof? Go here; I saved the auction....

Pep #17 Reprint NOT disclosed as such

Regarding the REPRINT Pep #17: The buyer actually left positive feedback (I'm guesssing after getting a refund) -  Praise: RESOLVED ALL CONCERNS - THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! sumo.gif

This guy is like the Mr Subliminal character played by Kevin Nealon (funny guy) that was on SNL (not funny anymore) a few years ago (hot sex). Always saying one thing, with the truth (its a reprint) blurted out inbetween.

Calling this guy shady is an insult to shady people!

I'm surprised Darthdiesel hasn't posted yet, sticking up for this seller. "It says right in the auction it's a reprint. It's your own fault if you didn't see that, you can't blame the seller, etc, etc..."

grin.gif