• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you...

11 posts in this topic

So are you saying that if you send in a garded book for ss it might come back as a lower grade and not the grade it was before it was cracked?

Of course. Every book submitted for SS has to be regraded. Some artists are tough on books. confused-smiley-013.gif

So are you saying that if you send in a garded book for ss it might come back as a lower grade and not the grade it was before it was cracked?

Of course. Every book submitted for SS has to be regraded. Some artists are tough on books. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not to mention that sometimes the difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8 is a coin toss anyway.

Decision comes down to this...

For sure it is a 9.8 with those signatures

or possibly (there is always a chance!) a 9.6 with more signatures

Personally, I would take the risk. Look the book over, do you see any defects that might make it a possible 9.6? Does it look as good as advertised (the 9.8 grade?), If it does and you are sending it with a witness here on the boards (all of whom will do their best to make sure the book is handled securely), I would feel as confident as one can possibly be!

IMO...

Thanks!

Very valid points; I'll look closely at it tonight.

Granted, I know they won't be playing basketball with it, but it is worth some thought. popcorn.gif

(Brian Reed doesn't play basketball, does he?)

Crack an already 9.8 book with two sigs to add a third sig? It would be nice to add Brian Reeds sig to this, but I REALLY like the 9.8, and wouldn't want 9.6.

msmss1f.jpg

NO

Easy book to find in high grade.(raw)

None of the creators are hard to get a hold of.

Enlist the help of a good witness and get the book done.

Just my 2 cents shy.gif

There's no way I would crack that book. NO WAY. you have the money shot signatures on it already. Find another copy and start over. There are lots of shows this summer. Wow