• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Received a pm regarding the frames I used on the raw books I posted some time back and they're called Comic Book Showcase from BCW:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/comic-book-showcase.htm

Also I've realized how much I've added because of this place and now I've run out of wall space!

My work in progress room is still that... :)

Awesome!! :applause:

I see you have the X-Men #4 displayed on your comic wall (thumbs u

Sure do! ;) (thumbs u

That book is very underrated in my opinion... 2nd Magneto, 1st Brotherhood of Evil Mutants... 1st SCARLET WITCH! Woo-Hoo! post-6-1069831645.gif

And thank you everyone for all the kind remarks! :)

The boards here are awesome... (and dangerous too!)

Received a pm regarding the frames I used on the raw books I posted some time back and they're called Comic Book Showcase from BCW:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/comic-book-showcase.htm

Also I've realized how much I've added because of this place and now I've run out of wall space!

My work in progress room is still that... :)

Awesome!! :applause:

I see you have the X-Men #4 displayed on your comic wall (thumbs u

Sure do! ;) (thumbs u

That book is very underated in my opinion... 2nd Magneto, 1st Brotherhood of Evil Mutants... 1st SCARLET WITCH! Woo-Hoo! post-6-1069831645.gif

And thank you everyone for all the kind remarks! :)

The boards here are awsome... (and dangerours too!)

A very underrated book if you ask me.

. The safe is more of a theft deterrent, just in case. If the thief is able to get this monstrosity out of my house and into a car they deserve its contents lol

I totally agree Nelson. The main purpose of a safe is to stall / prohibit a stupid housebreaker from making off with your books. Fire protection might best come in the form of "good insurance"

Hello all,

It has been some time since I have posted pics in here. My "comic room" has basically turned into "comic house" now that I am a free spirit! I can let my geek flag fly high! So, I have posted some pics for you to check out.

My main reason for posting is so that I can look and be disgusted at the "mess". It will then give me the kick in the pants I need to get organized!!!

So, without further delay; I present "Johnny G's Spot!" :insane:

Here's a pic of a couple of items I have in my entrance way. You'll notice the top shelf has a "Gator" theme... I am a Florida Gators fan. I have my Man-Thing sculpture along with a couple of alligator heads. There's a Florida Gator golf ball in front of the Man-Thing sculpture :) Over the sink we have the John Constantine sculpture "tending bar".

OddsandEnds.jpg

Next, we have a view to the left when coming in. I've got my makeshift "work space" which is actually somewhat clean! The folding tables are great! When company comes, I just fold them up, put the books away and voila! I have a clean and organized living room! A couple of Neal Adams pieces are what make this shot :cloud9:

WorkArea2.jpg

Looking back to the left when in a little further. Here I have a little corner dedicated to some OA. Nothing "spectacular", but pieces that I really like! I just added the Northwest Native Art. I came across about 5 pieces this last week. I was actually quite surprised when learned of their value! :o All good with me. I need to get the other 4 framed.

WorkArea1.jpg

Here's the view from the doorway entering my dedicated "comic room". The usual stuff one would find in a comic room! Once I get it organized, I'll be able to work in here instead of the living room... one day! doh!

ViewFromDoor.jpg

Here's a couple of Ernie Chan pieces... notice the alligator? I think it is a beautiful piece with a ton of detail! The other page is from Spawn #155 Philip Tan. I thought it was really cool and "disturbing". If you read the issue, you'll see what I mean! Great stuff... :devil:

ChanandSpawnWall.jpg

Here's the left side of "the mess". A few dvds and some cool sculptures. Including an artists' proof of Marv. I'd have to say it is one of my favorites :cloud9:

LeftBookcase.jpg

And, here's the right side of the mess and work area. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my white boards! I use the one on my fridge CONSTANTLY! Without them, I'd be lost!

CenterandRightBookcase.jpg

Left Side... Archie Zombie Action!!!

Shelving1.jpg

Right side...

Shelving2.jpg

Here we are in the "overflow room". I just love these shelves! It worked out perfectly by accommodating the TV! :acclaim: The caricature was done for me while in a rehab hospital for physio on my replaced hip. It is supposed to be of my dad and I. "The Comic Guys" refers to the two of us (thumbs u

Overflow1.jpg

More overflow...

Overflow3.jpg

And, you guessed it, OVERFLOW!!!

Overflow4.jpg

Here's a pic of my "Quiet Corner"

Statues.jpg

And lastly, here's a picture of some books at the smaller of my storage units... I would LOVE to get rid of the storage units and their associated costs! Like my friend Ray (Crows) has been telling me; they just decrease the overall value every year because I am paying $1000's in storage fees! So, I hope to have many, many sales this coming year! Time to thin the herd drastically!!!

Storage1.jpg

So, there you have it!

I hope to have some new and improved pics in the coming months :) I really, really need to get organized! I just moved in here not too long ago, well, going on 3 years now!!! Where oh where does the time go??? I guess I can't use that excuse anymore doh!

Thanks for looking!

Keep the great pics coming everyone. It's nice to see how others have their spaces set-up.

John (thumbs u

Thanks folks! :)

It's been a work in progress. I hope to get organized and be able to start having some serious sales. It seems every time I start a sales thread, I get pummeled with PM's and am then off to take care of those and the thread gets neglected! However, the end result is always achieved... I sell books!

Getting lucky... lol I have no problem in that regard! The chicks dig "big" collections :o

I am thinking of moving my bed into the smaller room and using the master as the main room. I'd be able to set up about 6 or 7 shelving units which hold 30 boxes each. Plus, where the tv/dresser are, I'd be able to put about 20 - 25 "drawer boxes" in that space. I am currently off work due to health reasons, so I may be able to get it going. I need help with the organizing and my "comic pals" don't seem to want to help! Even with the offer of free comics!!! Oh well, I guess it'll take a while, but they aren't going anywhere :) One goal is to get rid of the smaller storage unit pictured. I figure I may be able to transfer them into the drawer boxes and maybe one shelving unit.

It's a LOT of work, but work that is for the most part, FUN! :cloud9:

I also plan to have many sales, so be sure to keep an eye open! I have a solid mix of genres, ages and grades. So there really is something for everyone!

Again, thanks folks!

Keep the thread alive with more pics and suggestions...

John (thumbs u

Thanks folks! :)

It's been a work in progress. I hope to get organized and be able to start having some serious sales. It seems every time I start a sales thread, I get pummeled with PM's and am then off to take care of those and the thread gets neglected! However, the end result is always achieved... I sell books!

Getting lucky... lol I have no problem in that regard! The chicks dig "big" collections :o

I am thinking of moving my bed into the smaller room and using the master as the main room. I'd be able to set up about 6 or 7 shelving units which hold 30 boxes each. Plus, where the tv/dresser are, I'd be able to put about 20 - 25 "drawer boxes" in that space. I am currently off work due to health reasons, so I may be able to get it going. I need help with the organizing and my "comic pals" don't seem to want to help! Even with the offer of free comics!!! Oh well, I guess it'll take a while, but they aren't going anywhere :) One goal is to get rid of the smaller storage unit pictured. I figure I may be able to transfer them into the drawer boxes and maybe one shelving unit.

It's a LOT of work, but work that is for the most part, FUN! :cloud9:

I also plan to have many sales, so be sure to keep an eye open! I have a solid mix of genres, ages and grades. So there really is something for everyone!

Again, thanks folks!

Keep the thread alive with more pics and suggestions...

John (thumbs u

Wow you have a hellluva ton of comics! Thanks for sharing! :)