• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Ask and you shall receive. (thumbs u

The first pic below is of one of my two 36" wide 4-drawer lateral file cabinets. As you can see, I can get 4 rows of comics in each drawer. I also have a 42" wide lateral file cabinet that holds 5 rows of comics.

LateralFileCabinet36inwide_zps5b21ce6f.jpg

Ms Marvel 18? Would there happen to be a 16 & 17 as well?

:baiting:

After finally moving to our new permanent home in January, I finally found some time to display some of my comic related stuff in my new office. Enjoy the pics. :)

The Ladies Wall

LadiesWall_zpsb1195407.jpg

Liking your room very much :applause:

Are your book stored in those filing cabinets?

Yes. My "main collection" of higher grade Marvels is in 3 separate 4-drawer lateral file cabinets in my office with books to submit to CGC in another 2-drawer lateral file cabinet. All of my other raw books are in 10-11 standard 4-drawer file cabinets in another room with another 40 or so long boxes stacked on top of those. In addition to that, all of my CGC graded books (about 600), 13 boxes of magazines and about 18 boxes of ungraded books are at my storage unit.

Additional pictures :shy:

Ask and you shall receive. (thumbs u

The first pic below is of one of my two 36" wide 4-drawer lateral file cabinets. As you can see, I can get 4 rows of comics in each drawer. I also have a 42" wide lateral file cabinet that holds 5 rows of comics.

LateralFileCabinet36inwide_zps5b21ce6f.jpg

Most of the rest of my collection resides in legal width or standard width 4-drawer file cabinets. I can get 2 rows of comics in the legal width cabinets.

ComicFileCabinets3and4_zpsdb6a8707.jpg

LegalSizeFileCabinet_zpsb49b537c.jpg

ComicFileCabinets5thru12_zpsf624560b.jpg

StandardFileCabinet_zpsc9ae5834.jpg

The long boxes of comics sitting on top of all of these file cabinets is about a 10,000 book collection I picked up in Ada, Oklahoma about 1-1/2 years ago. They're still ungraded and still need to be bagged and boarded (mostly '80s and '90s stuff).

AdaComicCollection2_zps4d358844.jpg

All of my CGC stuff is at a climate controlled storage unit along with boxes of magazines and about 18 boxes of ungraded comics (mostly Marvel).

StorageUnit1_zps79e5660f.jpg

StorageUnit7_zps17be7089.jpg

I have enough to keep me busy for a long, long time. :ohnoez:

AWESOME (worship)

thank you very much for sharing :applause:

I had taken some of these photos a while ago but I was waiting on a recent commission to arrive to post the remainder of them.

1st - The storage of my collection

2nd - How the books are stored

..................Golden Age Mylites 2 & Magazine boards trimmed to fit

..................inside Magazine Toploaders

3rd - Tank Girl commission wall

...................Jason Beam (our own Dr. Balls) after Bolland

...................Adam Hughes

...................Warwick Johnson Cadwell

...................Rufus Dayglo

4th - Tank Girl display case

...................Tank Girl Poster Magazine #1

...................Jim Mahfood Tank Girl sketchbook

...................Tank Girl cut-outs (from Tank Girl Poster Magazine #2)

...................Tank Girl #1 9.6

5th - Fallen Heroes series of 3x5 prints

...................by boneface / http://society6.com/boneface/?show=posts

8249953011_01f836e03c_z.jpg8254632297_610a202bce_z.jpg

8707863249_7016da2e2c_z.jpg8707863189_0ebea9d325_z.jpg

8708021755_f60a1641d0_c.jpg

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

8619960439_74832dcae1_b.jpg

do these stay pretty well on the ledges like that? thinking of doing something similar but with mini stands so they don't slip off

lol (my washer and dryer are on the other side of the wall with the surfer guitar too so you can imagine that there is some vibration...plus with my girls playdates and all the running around we get in this home they stay up there pretty darn good!!!! Trust me when I say this, if I had even the slightest doubt that of one of my books was contemplating taking the," leap of faith!!" I would pull him off the ledge!!

8619960439_74832dcae1_b.jpg

do these stay pretty well on the ledges like that? thinking of doing something similar but with mini stands so they don't slip off

8640749985_a48bf74429.jpg

I had posted this pic earlier I believe, but just so you know I have never had a book fall even once!!!! Knock on wood lol (my washer and dryer are on the other side of the wall with the surfer guitar too so you can imagine that there is some vibration...plus with my girls playdates and all the running around we get in this home they stay up there pretty darn good!!!! Trust me when I say this, if I had even the slightest doubt that of one of my books was contemplating taking the," leap of faith!!" I would pull him off the ledge!!

Although it looks awesome I would be to scared to have them up like that. Even with the ledge, what if you get a friend throwing something at you but misses and hit the wall, what if there would be an earthquack, what if a bird flies into the house and against the wall (it happened to me), what about an angry girlfriend/wife/lifepartner....

To each his own I suppose and I respect your reserve, but these are all things I would not particularly worry about that much. I have installed a schlage keypad lock on my door which I explained earlier so the door stays closed when friends and family come over so the ball throwing thing is not something I am worried about plus we have a beautiful back lawn and patio so we play catch outside, not inside hehe!! This would cover the freak bird accident as well!!! As far as my wife getting angry :roflmao: ...she is not a vindictive person...she is nurse like myself and we both care passionately about helping others, not hurting them...she would never do anything like that. If she was the type of person that would attack on a whim she would not be my lovely wife today!! :cloud9: We are grown adults and temper tantrums went to the wayside MANY years ago. We are setting examples for our child now. As far as the earthquake thing. As I stated, a small vibration on the wall like my dryer causes has no effect on the books whatsoever. Lord help us all if the seismic activity were to reach something catastrophic on the Richter scale like something greater than a 9.0, my comic books would be the last thing on my mind as the safety of my family would FAR exceed thatt!!! Don't forget tornado though, for me living where I do this is something I would be far more afraid of myself...Same family rules apply here though as well...Anyways, if a book were to fall and crack in the case of one of these freak accidents, I guess I would have to suck it up and pay the $12.00 re-holder fee that CGC charges

I do greatly appreciate that you think the room is awesome though and i apologize if any of this seemed like a rant, it was all stated with a light-hearted smile on my face!! I love and appreciate what everyone has shared on these forums, especially everyones individualized comic rooms (this is my favorite thread I think)

by the way If you think this is cool, just wait until I get my 18x24 All-American #61 custom commission piece back from our very own boardie member Artboy99. (HE is awesome and you guys should hit him up for some business) I am so excited!!!

8710708318_5a04ac8710_z.jpg

Artboy99's All-American #61 commissioned art by gino2paulus2, on Flickr

Edited by gino2paulus2

I had taken some of these photos a while ago but I was waiting on a recent commission to arrive to post the remainder of them.

1st - The storage of my collection

2nd - How the books are stored

..................Golden Age Mylites 2 & Magazine boards trimmed to fit

..................inside Magazine Toploaders

3rd - Tank Girl commission wall

...................Jason Beam (our own Dr. Balls) after Bolland

...................Adam Hughes

...................Warwick Johnson Cadwell

...................Rufus Dayglo

4th - Tank Girl display case

...................Tank Girl Poster Magazine #1

...................Jim Mahfood Tank Girl sketchbook

...................Tank Girl cut-outs (from Tank Girl Poster Magazine #2)

...................Tank Girl #1 9.6

5th - Fallen Heroes series of 3x5 prints

...................by boneface / http://society6.com/boneface/?show=posts

8249953011_01f836e03c_z.jpg8254632297_610a202bce_z.jpg

8707863249_7016da2e2c_z.jpg8707863189_0ebea9d325_z.jpg

8708021755_f60a1641d0_c.jpg

If you don't mind sharing...where did you get the shelf and boxes for your books? I really like that look.

Thanks!

Agreed!!!! Awesome way to store those books...I have a question as well to add...What size top loaders are those? are they magazine size? and what bag/board size are you using there as well? I really enjoy the whole look of what you have going on there!!!!! (thumbs u I have some of my books in top loaders but it seems when I get to my Golden age books I have a hard time with them especially with the mylar...any help would be appreciated!!! I know that there is a thread for this somewhere I just know what I like when I see it, and that there is exactly what I want!!! thanks Dude!!!!!

Edited by gino2paulus2

:hi: dude... You have inspired me to one day have a "man cave" this awesome!

:hi: Thanks Bro I greatly appreciate it!!!!!..I am not sure if you got a chance to see the B&W version of that commission I am having Artboy99 do for me in my earlier post but here is an update for all too see....He is super close to being finished and I am sooooo psyched!!!!! Like I stated earlier I have not seen it in person bc he is in Canada but i can imagine even the photo is not able to do it justice simply due to its size...check it out!!!!

8713158358_acf39cd5b0_b.jpg

Artboy99's All-American #61 commissioned art partial color by gino2paulus2, on Flickr