• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

new house, fiancée allowed me this tower of comics for my 'good' raws. I will rotate the comics on the display from time to time. Its in our entry way, which typically is unlit, and also why her umbrella is hanging there....

still trying to carve out a place for my slabs somewhere. maybe some shelves in the garage? Does anyone else put them in a garage? We live in a fairly dry moderate temperature climate. Will slabs do ok there?

IMG_07201_zpsdf6fe874.jpg

What do you mean "allowed"? :makepoint:

new house, fiancée allowed me this tower of comics for my 'good' raws. I will rotate the comics on the display from time to time. Its in our entry way, which typically is unlit, and also why her umbrella is hanging there....

still trying to carve out a place for my slabs somewhere. maybe some shelves in the garage? Does anyone else put them in a garage? We live in a fairly dry moderate temperature climate. Will slabs do ok there?

that umbrella could fall....

accident waiting to happen there, dude!

I've got a few other random comic stuffs, a poster, a collage, a single comic on display here and there around the house, just nothing so concentrated as here.

THe umbrella at worst knocks over that one comic at the bottom if it falls (which is mid grade and in the hard sleeve thingy). The umbrella isn't a permanent fixture at this location. It rained today so its probably going in the car going forward.

garage slab display opinions? any issues?

I've got a few other random comic stuffs, a poster, a collage, a single comic on display here and there around the house, just nothing so concentrated as here.

THe umbrella at worst knocks over that one comic at the bottom if it falls (which is mid grade and in the hard sleeve thingy). The umbrella isn't a permanent fixture at this location. It rained today so its probably going in the car going forward.

thats a wet umbrella?

thats a wet umbrella?

Wet umbrella that close to comics - divorced before you get married :devil:

What do you mean "allowed"? :makepoint:

i had to ask first too. some of us don't want more than one marriage :baiting:

actually the umbrella was there before the comic population of the tower. its dry, hasn't rained here in months. Until today, which mean's she'll probably take it back to her car where it typically hangs out.

I could have taken the umbrella down, but it was fairly stable and I was lazy, and I enjoy the occasionally emasculation here on the boards.

actually the umbrella was there before the comic population of the tower. its dry, hasn't rained here in months. Until today, which mean's she'll probably take it back to her car where it typically hangs out.

I could have taken the umbrella down, but it was fairly stable and I was lazy, and I enjoy the occasionally emasculation here on the boards.

Allowed! Is it time to put your balls in her purse,or are they already there?

Take your balls back,and be a man!........Allow........ doh! sheesh!

Wow. You too Oakman? Mine are in my wife's purse too I guess. I can't do mess unless my wife give's me the okay.

Wow. You too Oakman? Mine are in my wife's purse too I guess. I can't do mess unless my wife give's me the okay.

Nothing wrong with letting people playing different roles in a relationship. Some people are more into/better at arranging decorations and home furnishings than other people. That's not my forte, if some of you guys love arranging flowers and figuring out which rug goes with which chair goes with which cushion, and love figuring out if your tope shelves go with the mauve curtains, good for you. I don't have a great artistic eye, but I do know that she has made our place look amazing, largely without any input (although I've helped with physical labor) from me. We don't have a ton of space to work with, so I'm happy to have a place to display my comics that doesn't mess with some of our aesthetic themes in other areas of the house.

Finally got the beginnings of my office display going. Most of the stuff on the second shelving unit is filler for the time being. The rest is still in the closet, but it is a work in progress:)

As more funds come in, more book shelving will be added to the walls around the office, along with a display case.

P1000835_zps60ebe465.jpg

My balls are firmly in place thank you! I put what I want,where I want.She doesn't "allow" nothing. :eyeroll:

Long-time lurker here, but a recent redo of my study finally gives me an opportunity to share some pics. With only have 6 long boxes hidden in the closet, my collection takes the form of hardcovers and statues. Here's a 360:

study1a060613.png

study2b060613.png

study3b060613.png

study4d060613.png

study5c060613.png

study6c060613.png

This is just half of my collection -- books and statues -- but this is the epicenter.

Next, going to frame and try to find a way to display my two sided Superman Cleveland Expo poster.

Badlands, you'll recognize the two-sided Superman poster in the last shots. I had it laminated on both sides, slipped it into hardware used to hang banners, and then attached it to the ceiling with a swivel hook so that it can be turned around. Here's a closer look at the hardware, and PM me if you'd like further details.

fqrz.png

Long-time lurker here, but a recent redo of my study finally gives me an opportunity to share some pics. With only have 6 long boxes hidden in the closet, my collection takes the form of hardcovers and statues. Here's a 360:

study1a060613.png

study2b060613.png

study3b060613.png

study4d060613.png

study5c060613.png

study6c060613.png

This is just half of my collection -- books and statues -- but this is the epicenter.

Next, going to frame and try to find a way to display my two sided Superman Cleveland Expo poster.

Badlands, you'll recognize the two-sided Superman poster in the last shots. I had it laminated on both sides, slipped it into hardware used to hang banners, and then attached it to the ceiling with a swivel hook so that it can be turned around. Here's a closer look at the hardware, and PM me if you'd like further details.

fqrz.png

Very nice Man Cave :applause: