• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cgc grades much better than PGX?

4 posts in this topic

Ipicked up some pgx books and wanted to crack them out and was wondering if the grading is close to cgc? If I cracked the ASM 200's-300 and submitted them to CGC do you think I have a chance of even getting a 9.6 let alone a 9.8?

You may want to think your question over a bit. foreheadslap.gif

You may have a chance but you don't tell us what grade your PGX comics are.

If they are PGX 4.0 then no way. If they are PGX 9.6 then maybe.

More info please. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ipicked up some pgx books and wanted to crack them out and was wondering if the grading is close to cgc? If I cracked the ASM 200's-300 and submitted them to CGC do you think I have a chance of even getting a 9.6 let alone a 9.8?

The general consensus is that PGX may be one increment tighter in 9.0 and above.

In midgrades, be wary of PGX.... they are all over the map and often overgrade significantly. I wouldn't buy a PGX book under 8.0 unless I had a good scan.

You may want to think your question over a bit. foreheadslap.gif

You may have a chance but you don't tell us what grade your PGX comics are.

If they are PGX 4.0 then no way. If they are PGX 9.6 then maybe.

More info please. confused-smiley-013.gif

I bought ten 9.8 books, let me clarify and I was wondering can they get a 9.6 or even a 9.8. i know in the mid grades they are off sometimes a 1.5 but in the high 9's can they grade the same?