• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does your artwork portray INTENSE Battles?

43 posts in this topic

Here's a three-page battle sequence from FF 40 between the Thing and Dr. Doom.

Oh, and I'm trying to put together the whole battle. If you know where any of the other pages before or after this sequence are, please let me know!!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

ff40p16.jpg

ff40p23.jpg

XL_ff40_18.jpg

Here's a three-page battle sequence from FF 40 between the Thing and Dr. Doom.

Oh, and I'm trying to put together the whole battle. If you know where any of the other pages before or after this sequence are, please let me know!!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

ff40p16.jpg

ff40p23.jpg

XL_ff40_18.jpg

cloud9.gif with a side of cloud9.gif followed by some cloud9.gif

I'd like to see some intense battle artwork from your collection or other sources. Does Wolverine get a crucial blow to the Hulk?

-Issa

Well I know there is a 2 page spread by Leinil Yu from Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine where the Hulk actually rips Wolverine in half.....

that might work.

Chris

Got scan ??

I can't find an image of the art, but this is how it looked in the book.

wolverinehulk.jpg

That is pretty cool !! - Not too mention, Wolvie got exactly what he deserved ! acclaim.gif

Always thought the Hulk should tear wolvie in 2...Guess the Hulk is the only one who can break wolvie's bones. Sad part is that wolverine will most likely survive that ordeal.

Wolvie has something far more powerful than his healing factor helping him to survive this ordeal.....a 3 movie deal and millions is licensing deals. thumbsup2.gif

No way he's dying.

yay.gif C

Always thought the Hulk should tear wolvie in 2...Guess the Hulk is the only one who can break wolvie's bones. Sad part is that wolverine will most likely survive that ordeal.

Wolvie has something far more powerful than his healing factor helping him to survive this ordeal.....a 3 movie deal and millions is licensing deals. thumbsup2.gif

No way he's dying.

yay.gif C

He's in the Marvel Universe...No such thing as dying.

That's a powerful battle sequence, Rhino, that's part of an even better story arc over issues 39 & 40!!!

That's a powerful battle sequence, Rhino, that's part of an even better story arc over issues 39 & 40!!!

Thanks adam, that's one of my all-time favorite story arcs and I feel very fortunate to have acquired these three pages...now if I can just find the rest of that battle!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks adam, that's one of my all-time favorite story arcs and I feel very fortunate to have acquired these three pages...now if I can just find the rest of that battle!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Damn impressive sequence, Rhino! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Damn impressive sequence, Rhino! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thank you Felix!

I've shown this page before, but I don't think it gets much more intense than the Super-Adaptoid's facial expression before flinging Cap into the wild blue yonder! 27_laughing.gif

TOS84P8.jpg

2hehjqu.jpg

That's one of the few I have which fits the bill. It's actually part of a four page sequence.

Luke Ross pencil art from the first issue of the new Jonah Hex series.

The rest of it is in my gallery (link below).

That Jonah Hex page doesn't do much for me. I love the Thing/Doom 3-page sequence from FF#40.....but for some reason, that Rhino DPS just looks so freakin' sweet. I love DPS pages that look like that. Bubbles, sound effects, tragic moments....Amazing! smile.gif

-Issa

lol. Actually, I had to stare at it for a few minutes before I understood exactly what was going on. It is still a very dramatic piece...Be proud of your art! smile.gif

That Jonah Hex page doesn't do much for me. I love the Thing/Doom 3-page sequence from FF#40.....but for some reason, that Rhino DPS just looks so freakin' sweet. I love DPS pages that look like that. Bubbles, sound effects, tragic moments....Amazing! smile.gif

-Issa

I got it for next to nothing and it currently is my only peice of OA. smile.gif

Those are some beatiful pages. Who says Vinnie can't ink? My second favorite FF storyline, thanks for sharing.

Please adopt me. Please.

-David

sign-funnypost.gif

You're right about Colletta, he did some nice work on the final 6 or 7 issues he worked on, imho. I have always thought #40 was one of his best. Although, I did have another interior page from that issue and in one of the panels Jack had drawn Reed in the background in pencil stage and vince completely ignored it and didn't ink it. And he didn't even erase the penciled Reed!! That's the type of sloppy work that gave him such a bad rep.

So, what's your first favorite FF storyline?

Rhino,

My favorite FF storyline would be #'s 57-60, the cosmic Doom story.

Interesting note on the missing Reed that Vinnie didn't ink. I've heard this was a bit too common with Colletta. This has been a negative reflection on his work, and I've wondered if tight deadlines or other conditions played a part in this. The guy was a pretty big part in Marvels early years and it's a shame his legacy is sometimes distilled to "Vinnie's eraser". It would be interesting to know the situation first-hand and whether this was always a case of laziness.

I don't remember a Marvel book ever missing a month, or being a fill-in issue, untill the late sixties after their number of titles expanded. In those early years books seemed to be on schedule no matter what.

Oh yeah, a really GREAT Captain America TOS page as well !!

-David