• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does your artwork portray INTENSE Battles?

43 posts in this topic

I'd like to see some intense battle artwork from your collection or other sources. Does Wolverine get a crucial blow to the Hulk? For some strange reason, did Nightwing punch Batman in the face? Did you get a commissioned piece of Superman being smacked around by Wonder-Woman? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just mention the significance of your piece and how much it cost you. I find that intense battle scenes go for much more than other scenes. Do you agree? What really causes you to open your wallet for OA? (I intentionally don't look for specific artists. I try to find intense pieces that really catch ones' attention.)

-Issa

I have too many to list. You can see them all in my gallery link in my sig below. My favorite battle images would be , X-23 giving Wolvie some claw action or the New Avengers spread where they are all pounding some Savageland Mutates....

Probably my most intense "battle piece" would be this one. It was done by Ross Andru and Mike Esposito from Amazing Spider-Man #176. It was also my first venture into original art. Paid slightly over a couple of grand for it and I love it as much as I did the day I got it.

Page27.jpg

This is another really nice piece, that I picked up from Ares for just over $100 from fellow forumite Ares. Luke Ross artwork.

Gobbypanel.jpg

Jim

I'd like to see some intense battle artwork from your collection or other sources. Does Wolverine get a crucial blow to the Hulk?

-Issa

Well I know there is a 2 page spread by Leinil Yu from Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine where the Hulk actually rips Wolverine in half.....

that might work.

Chris

This is one of my all-time favorite fight scenes from a modern book. This 5 page spread is the clumination to a 15 issue Kang story line from the Avengers. I bought these directly from Kieron Dwyer shortly after the book came out.

1697499-Avengers_v3_i54_p04.jpg

1697499-Avengers_v3_i54_p05.jpg

1697499-Avengers_v3_i54_p06.jpg

1697499-Avengers_v3_i54_p07b.jpg

1697499-Avengers_v3_i54_p08.jpg

1697499-Avengers_v3_i54_p08.jpg.bd3828c130aeafb944606ee52d5daf1c.jpg

I'd like to see some intense battle artwork from your collection or other sources. Does Wolverine get a crucial blow to the Hulk?

-Issa

Well I know there is a 2 page spread by Leinil Yu from Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine where the Hulk actually rips Wolverine in half.....

that might work.

Chris

Here is that image: thumbsup2.gif

wolverinehulk.jpg

I'd like to see some intense battle artwork from your collection or other sources. Does Wolverine get a crucial blow to the Hulk? For some strange reason, did Nightwing punch Batman in the face? Did you get a commissioned piece of Superman being smacked around by Wonder-Woman? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just mention the significance of your piece and how much it cost you. I find that intense battle scenes go for much more than other scenes. Do you agree? What really causes you to open your wallet for OA? (I intentionally don't look for specific artists. I try to find intense pieces that really catch ones' attention.)

Well, this one probably doesn't conform with your idea of intense battle artwork (as it's not superheroes and supervillains beating the cr*p out of each other), but this is my idea of intense BATTLE action:

47vs67c.jpg

The significance of the piece is that this is an early 1950s Atlas (Marvel) War cover by the great Russ Heath. Not too many cover examples exist, and this is an intense night-time scene, as the American soldier in the forground is unaware that a squad of the enemy is killing-off the rest of his platoon behind him. Through its single image, the cover tells a story.

To me this packs a bigger punch (representing the - then - Korean War raging in a foreign land) than some fantasy tableau of freaks in costumes slugging it out. This is all about the horror of war . . .

Heath's art is nothing short of superb (IMHO), with bags of attention to detail in his finely-inked illustration.

I'm not really tied to specific types of artwork (the 'intense battle scenes' you talk of) or the 'superhero' genre (you appear to be alluding to), as my interests are far and wide.

What really causes me to open my wallet is the quality of the work . . .

Captain_America_29_p01.jpg

Here is a nice Cap vs. Mr. Hyde splash by Scot Eaton and Drew Geraci.

Silver_Surfer_88_p12-13.jpg

Here is a nice double page spread featuring Thor vs. Thanos by Andy Smith and Tom Christopher.

Thanos_3_p12.jpg

Here is a nice Thanos vs. Galactus splash by Jim Starlin and Al Milgrom.

I have many more sweet battle pages since that is what I typically center my collection on. You are welcome to check out my website or my CAF Gallery where I have many more battle pages.

I love your Thor/Thanos piece! It's got what I look for in comic art: intense fighting, clever sound effects and poignant word bubbles. "Let it end, Monster!" ....Gotta love it. thumbsup2.gif

-Issa

-Issa

that might work.

Chris

Got scan ??

-Issa

that might work.

Chris

Got scan ??

I can't find an image of the art, but this is how it looked in the book.

wolverinehulk.jpg

Aye, that page was sold when I first visited Kwanchang.com. I think it was sold for quite a bit....possibly more than the original cover art of these issues (which went for $3k+).

-Issa