• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The coveted Tec 31

78 posts in this topic

One thing I noticed about Tec 31's is the coloring on Batman's top part of the mask. Some are colored whitish/greyish like 1koko's and other copies are colored blue like mine. I'm wondering if the color touch had something to do with the whitish/greyish color or is it a variant?

tec31set2.jpg

tec314.jpg

not sure if the bottom picture is one I had for a short period last year, but the scan was in my file...also, there was one that was traded to filter81, but can't find that scan either smile.gif

found it:

tec317.jpg

One thing I noticed about Tec 31's is the coloring on Batman's top part of the mask. Some are colored whitish/greyish like 1koko's and other copies are colored blue like mine. I'm wondering if the color touch had something to do with the whitish/greyish color or is it a variant?

That's an interesting observation, DK...my copy puts me in the grey camp:

100_1612.jpg

STEVE

That's an interesting observation, DK...my copy puts me in the grey camp:

100_1612.jpg

STEVE

Wow, beautiful Tec 31 Sacentaur! Is it unrestored? If not, it sure does look like one. But yea, I've noticed this difference a couple of months ago, but I never mentioned it because I didn't know if it was significant or what. But now I'm curious to know what it is. Hopefully someone will find an answer.

Wow, beautiful Tec 31 Sacentaur! Is it unrestored? If not, it sure does look like one.

Thanks - it has slight resto (staples cleaned, small split seal, plus it looks like a spot of minor adhesive {tape?} was removed from the inside back cover).

You nailed why I like the book so much - it has that "raw" feel to it (notice the right hand corners weren't color touched). Plus it has natural off-white supple pages, too laugh.gif

STEVE

Wow, beautiful Tec 31 Sacentaur! Is it unrestored? If not, it sure does look like one.

Thanks - it has slight resto (staples cleaned, small split seal, plus it looks like a spot of minor adhesive {tape?} was removed from the inside back cover).

You nailed why I like the book so much - it has that "raw" feel to it (notice the right hand corners weren't color touched). Plus it has natural off-white supple pages, too laugh.gif

STEVE

Damn, terrific book and the colors are bright and striking. I thought at first it was unrestored because like you mentioned, the right hand corners were not colored touch, kinda like how I have the top right hand corner of my copy. Definitely a beauty! If only I could have felt, smelled, and flipped through the pages of my copy before I had it slabbed.. Oh well, it looks prety good slabbed anyways.

Anyways, I have tallied up the number of "grey" and "blue" colored cowls from Heritage and from here.. So far, I have:

5 - Blue

10 - Grey

hello all...

I found the other tec 31, updated pic on page 3....will change your numbers slightly

rick

Anyways, I have tallied up the number of "grey" and "blue" colored cowls from Heritage and from here.. So far, I have:

5 - Blue

10 - Grey

hello all...

I found the other tec 31, updated pic on page 3....will change your numbers slightly

rick

I think the blue issues were distributed north of the Mason-Dixon line, and the grey ones came down south... confused-smiley-013.gif

5 - Blue

10 - Grey

hello all...

rick

I think the blue issues were distributed north of the Mason-Dixon line, and the grey ones came down south... confused-smiley-013.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

I love that in a restored book too Steve. That's why I use Matt Nelson, he only does what needs to be done, he will often leave corners rounded. Makes them look more natural.

Now, is there anything you don't own?? poke2.gif

Now, is there anything you don't own?? poke2.gif

Yeah, I'm looking for a Detective 29 in similar shape to the 31 (good luck, huh?).

I could also use another All American 16 so I can get my doctorate in Greedy SOBology.

STEVE