• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BZ, any chance of scans or photos of some good girl art covers? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifflowerred.gifhail.gif

Zoot, Jo Jo, Dagar, Rulah, All Top

and my personal favorite

Supersnipe V1#8.....let's see some bright reds if you've got them.

ps....you had me at the Planet #4 cloud9.gif

Detective31GA.jpg

BZ your collection defies words, smoking copy of a classic. Not sure if this has been asked before but any thought to having your collection cateloged? I hope in 25 years I can own a 100 of my favorite GA books so when I look at your collection its just mind boggling. The best part is that you paid pennies on the dollar for most of your books, a true long term collector. hail.gif

BZ, Do you happen to have a Cap. 46, 47, and a 26...I have seen all of the above before, but I would love to see some high grade unslabbed versions if you have and care to share. Incredible books once again!

Paul

Hi Paul,

Here's a scan of my # 26. laugh.gifCaptainAmerica26GA.jpg

BZ, Do you happen to have a Cap. 46, 47, and a 26...I have seen all of the above before, but I would love to see some high grade unslabbed versions if you have and care to share. Incredible books once again!

Paul

Hi Paul,

Wow nice vibrant colors, great book. Any luck you have a copy of issue #74 in the pile? Maybe one that is high grade and blows the doors off anything we have seen before? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Paul

Hi Paul,

incredibly fresh!

rick

BZ, after seeing the blinding colors your books still posses, it makes me wonder wtf it would have been like to gaze upon a whole wall of books back in the day. It must have been a sea of many colors.

Amazing little collection ya got there!

Hope your scanner bulb holds out awhile longer.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ze-

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks BZ, one of my favorites. I know you are not selling, but if you ever choose to release a few, would you keep me in mind for this book or any other caps. Just awsome, and thanks for taking the time to show it. I am drooling! I love this book!

Paul

This is one of my earlier issues.

Overstreet describes it as the 1st comic of a single theme. DetectivePictureStories1GA.jpg

great book Bang! Overstreet is wrong - 1st single theme comic is Detective Dan from 3 years earlier, but this is a 1st of something....can't remember what at the moment. The Detective comics theme ruled the roost in the 1933 - 1936 time frame......nice book !!!

BZ, are there any books you do not own, that you would like to own? Or do you have all the comics you could ever hope to?

hello all...

I was going to ask a similar question, but more like "are you still actively collecting" or have you completed your desired runs/books ,etc...

basically the same ? bill is asking

rick

BZ, are there any books you do not own, that you would like to own? Or do you have all the comics you could ever hope to?

hello all...

I was going to ask a similar question, but more like "are you still actively collecting" or have you completed your desired runs/books ,etc...

basically the same ? bill is asking

rick

Also, before you found this board, were your comics basically lying dormant where you have them stored, and this renewed your interest?

I'd like to own the original artwork to the covers of Action #1 and Superman 1.

27_laughing.gif