• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

We've got relatives visiting until next weekend (April 7th). I probably won't be doing much posting until they leave.

I'll start sharing more photos/scans when things around here return to normal.

Some of the comics I plan to show are:

Adventure

Captain Marvel

Fairy Tale Parade

Marvel Mystery

More Fun

Mystery Men

Pep

Planet

Police

Silver Streak

Top Notch

Uncle Sam

Wonderworld

If you have any personal choices, please let me know.

As many MMC and Cap's as possible. Actually any Timely would be greatly enjoyed by me and I know of many others. Have fun with your family, I guess we will see if this board is in your blood. I don't think I could stay off for a week, even If I had family at my house......

Once again Bangz, wonderful stuff.

Paul

Hi Everyone,

We've got relatives visiting until next weekend. I probably won't be doing much posting until they leave.

I want to see your favorites, but if anything by Walt Kelly shows up, I wouldn't complain. Is that what you meant by "good funny animal" earlier?

Enjoy your visitors!

Jack

Hi Everyone,

We've got relatives visiting until next weekend. I probably won't be doing much posting until they leave.

Adventure

Captain Marvel

Marvel Mystery

More Fun

Mystery Men

Pep

Planet

Police

Silver Streak

Top Notch

Uncle Sam

Wonderworld

Hey BZ enjoy your weekend but I'm looking forward to some early MMC's, Spectre More Fun's, Silver Streak's, oh heck all of them. popcorn.gif

Hi Everyone,

Adventure

Captain Marvel

Marvel Mystery

More Fun

Mystery Men

Pep

Planet

Police

Silver Streak

Top Notch

Uncle Sam

Wonderworld

Hey BZ enjoy your weekend but I'm looking forward to some early MMC's, Spectre More Fun's, Silver Streak's, oh heck all of them. popcorn.gif

I agree, I could scream out titles all day, but if you would just start scanning the pile on the left and work through until you hit the wall on the right, I, and I would guess many others will be very happy...... headbang.gif

Now you fellows have an tiny inkling how we felt when we began getting in the multi-thousand copy Tom Reilly collection back in 1973 with everything being high grade

robert beerbohm

Or how it felt hanging out in Barry Bauman's attic comic book room and geeking out on all the thousands of GA books he had, back in the day in Oakland.

Barry had a lot of books at one time to be sure

Barry was a good friend, but he had a fancy for Corvettes, went up the wrong way into oncoming traffic in northern Calif on I-5 at 1 AM, it was a mess.

he was also into stand up comedy, and used to come by my store in the Haight, tell me I was closing up so we could go to THE OTHER CAFE and other comedy places in San Fran, and check out people like Robin Williams testing new material.

A few years before he passed on, i spent the better part of a week xeroxing much of his fanzine collection he would not sell, all kinds of rare ones he had from the earliest days of fandom, course all the comic books were long gone, sold out in 1968/69 at the height of the Vietnam war in the pages of RBCC. I still remember that humongous ad he placed in RBCC selling out - and why.

Robert Beerbohm

www.BLBcomics.com

Do you remember Tom and John McGeehan? They took it upon themselves to buy every fanzine published from the earliest days of fandom to the mid 70's.

When they put them up for sale, I bought quite a few early issues from them

I knew John very well, Tom less so. They bought a minimum of 3 copies of each, more if they really liked it

When John passed on, that is when Tom began selling off the holdings. I filled in on a lot of Rockets Blast missing numbers, i now have all of them from #12 up

I felt jazzed when they gave my fanzine FANZATION a "5" rating back in 1969, their highest, for content and if i remember correctly, we flunked out on ditto repro, too much duplicator fluid, I imagine.

Tom still hangs out in Capa Alpha, which i was in for a short while, but kept going out of town to too many funny book shows to keep up with the mailings

Robert Beerbohm

I knew John very well, Tom less so. They bought a minimum of 3 copies of each, more if they really liked it

When John passed on, that is when Tom began selling off the holdings. I filled in on a lot of Rockets Blast missing numbers, i now have all of them from #12 up

I felt jazzed when they gave my fanzine FANZATION a "5" rating back in 1969, their highest, for content and if i remember correctly, we flunked out on ditto repro, too much duplicator fluid, I imagine.

Tom still hangs out in Capa Alpha, which i was in for a short while, but kept going out of town to too many funny book shows to keep up with the mailings

Robert Beerbohm

I bought some early Rocket's Blast issues from them too. The earliest was #7?

I was a charter member of Capa-Alpha in 1964. 893whatthe.gif

yo Mr BZ

I have figured it out, I know you, yer secret ID is safe with me

- it has been a while, but i recognize the cabinets with all them fabulous funny books

- You have well over a thousand neat comics, you showed many of them to me when i was at yer place for dinner some time back, i think yer wife was still carrying child at the time,

have fun with the listers here, they aren't easily amused

- as you have brightened up the day(s) for a lot of them, from the looks of it

welcome, old timer, from an other old timer here, and i still remember the bated breath of paging thru RBCC when each issue showed up. It was truly the center of the comics universe for so many of us who discovered GB Love's zine. I bought my first Alter Ego 5 7 8 from GB's Ye Olde Fanzine Shoppe, the true earliest origins of the Direct Sales Market

and i thank you for the Superman newspaper articles xeroxes which showed up - they were much appreciated then, and still are yay.gif

Robert Beerbohm

www.BLBcomics.com

eBay store: BLBcomics

Celebrating 40th Anniversary Dealing Comics Oct 2007 with RBCC #47 (first ish was #45)

I felt jazzed when they gave my fanzine FANZATION a "5" rating back in 1969, their highest, for content and if i remember correctly, we flunked out on ditto repro, too much duplicator fluid, I imagine.....

Probably. It helps if you stop to go out for a breather now and then.

laugh.gif

(Glad to see you back on line, Bob)

Jack