• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Yo Jack

When Eric Groves put out the word to OAFs last month looking for me for Eisner pics from the 1972 Multicon in Oklahoma City (Eisner's 2nd comicon following Seuling NYC), your name was on the e-list. Wre you a memer of The Oklahoma Alliance of Fandom back in the day?

bob

Wha...?

No, I don't know Eric, have only passed through Oklahoma briefly and certainly not back in 1972, and didn't receive any email like you describe.

Maybe my name was there from some GCD connection? Are you mixing me up with someone else?

Jack

Yo Jack

When Eric Groves put out the word to OAFs last month looking for me for Eisner pics from the 1972 Multicon in Oklahoma City (Eisner's 2nd comicon following Seuling NYC), your name was on the e-list. Wre you a memer of The Oklahoma Alliance of Fandom back in the day?

bob

BZ: Thank you for sharing your wonderful books. I had the priviledge to catalouge the amazing fanzine collection that was part of the Western Penn find.They began somewhere around the time of the Alley awards in Alter-ego and continued on for years. What an eye opener to the beginning days of fandom.

Best, Tom

yo Mr BZ

I have figured it out, I know you, yer secret ID is safe with me

- it has been a while, but i recognize the cabinets with all them fabulous funny books

- You have well over a thousand neat comics, you showed many of them to me when i was at yer place for dinner some time back, i think yer wife was still carrying child at the time,

have fun with the listers here, they aren't easily amused

- as you have brightened up the day(s) for a lot of them, from the looks of it

welcome, old timer, from an other old timer here, and i still remember the bated breath of paging thru RBCC when each issue showed up. It was truly the center of the comics universe for so many of us who discovered GB Love's zine. I bought my first Alter Ego 5 7 8 from GB's Ye Olde Fanzine Shoppe, the true earliest origins of the Direct Sales Market

and i thank you for the Superman newspaper articles xeroxes which showed up - they were much appreciated then, and still are yay.gif

Robert Beerbohm

www.BLBcomics.com

eBay store: BLBcomics

Celebrating 40th Anniversary Dealing Comics Oct 2007 with RBCC #47 (first ish was #45)

Just curious, wouldn't a PM have been better?

Or is this wagging?

Or is this wagging?

That is what Houston funny book store owners do to attract attention is order to make sales

something you should do in private makepoint.gif

BZ is a lot more knowledgeable and been around the block quite a few times than some here have made him out to be bumpit.gifbumpit.gif

Or is this wagging?

That is what Houston funny book store owners do to attract attention is order to make sales

something you should do in private makepoint.gif

BZ is a lot more knowledgeable and been around the block quite a few times than some here have made him out to be bumpit.gifbumpit.gif

Bob,

My point was more in regards to the fact that he has made it pretty clear he would like to keep his identity quiet. You are obviously the smartest man on the planet and were able to figure his identity out. Bully for you, now keep it to yourself. We already know how brilliant you are.

Richard

The smartest one i always thought was Jimmy Corrigan

me, i simply recognized the cases he keeps many of his books in as seen in the scans

And i have been away from these threads long enough to not think of the Private Message Function

I enjoyed reading thru all this thread realizing how much fun he has been having

I think bedrock is bang on. BZ obviously values his privacy, as would I if I were posting a collection this valuable.

Bob, I think going back and deleting your post would be the right thing to do...

yo bronty

got no problem with that, but if Rich was so concerned, methinks he should not have done a full quote on my original post, which leaves it still on this thread any way, even if i delete, which i most likely will be doing

and if there was that much concern re privacy, which i would never disclose, and haven't all these years anyway, why not simply PM me so say "hey delete that there post" in the first place

rather than wagging in public

Wow, you guys sound like children! I was really enjoying this post from BZ and all his awesome books but this snipping is really BS.

If you have nothing to add to these boards, why say anything at all? Can't you snipe at each other through PMs?

GIVE IT A REST!

yo bronty

got no problem with that, but if Rich was so concerned, methinks he should not have done a full quote on my original post, which leaves it still on this thread any way, even if i delete, which i most likely will be doing

and if there was that much concern re privacy, which i would never disclose, and haven't all these years anyway, why not simply PM me so say "hey delete that there post" in the first place

rather than wagging in public

just say no to " wagging in public" the world will be a better place. flowerred.gif

Bob,

My point was more in regards to the fact that he has made it pretty clear he would like to keep his identity quiet. You are obviously the smartest man on the planet and were able to figure his identity out. Bully for you, now keep it to yourself. We already know how brilliant you are.

Richard

What are you getting so bent out of shape for? Bob merely indicated that he had figured out who BZ was. He didn't mention his name or even give clues, unless you think any of the following "clues" would actually help to identify BZ:

"i recognize the cabinets with all them fabulous funny books"--as have we all now

"You have well over a thousand neat comics"--wow, that narrows the possible universe of collectors to, oh, I don't know, 10,000 people?

"you showed many of them to me when i was at yer place for dinner some time back"--universe of people that have had Bob to dinner at their place... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"yer wife was still carrying child at the time"--universe of people with a wife who was at one time pregnant... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yup, I'd say I'm pretty close to crackin' this here mystery now. yeahok.gif