• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Bang, Love your MMC 12!

Parents in the early 40's must have loved to see books like this in the kids bed room. Pretty risky for back then. Demonic bondage with headlights, doesn't get much better than that for a classic Timely cover! I think I am going to have to get one of those soon.

grin.gif

My plans at the moment are to scan the following comic books for tonight's "Show and Tell."

More Fun 45

Pep 22 (Intro and 1st appearance of Archie, Betty, and Jughead)

Silver Streak 7 (This issue features the 1st Daredevil cover and 3 Jack Cole stories)

Star Rangers V2 #1 (Jack Cole)

Sub-Mariner 1

Superman 2

If you have any favorites (titles, publishers, specific issues, etc.) you'd like to see in the future, let me know and I'll add them to the list. hungover.gif

If you have any favorites (titles, publishers, specific issues, etc.) you'd like to see in the future, let me know and I'll add them to the list. hungover.gif

Would love to finally see those pulps you took pictures of earlier 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Oh, and I'll popcorn.gif for all 6 books you've just listed. All are must-sees!

I would love to see:

Cap 46

Cap 16

All select 1-up

1-10 of Subby

Any Dr. Fate More Fun cover

Love to see a high grade Suspense 3 or any other Suspense cover

Junior Comics any issue

Kid Komics any issue

Action 108

Famous Funnies any Frazetta cover!

Weird Science Fantasy 29 in high grade

Any would be great, all would be incredible

Thanks in advance

Paul

I've very much enjoyed all the books you've been posting. The breadth of your selections has been really outstanding. I'd love if you could sneak in a Disney comic once in a while. Beyond that, I like to be surprised.

Btw., when you first started posting those Dell Funnies, I really felt like that would be a cool, overlooked title to collect. That all changed when you got to the Phantasmo covers...

Thanks again for all the work - it is greatly appreciated!

I am a Silver Age collector but I always read Gold Comics for the interesting threads.

Your thread, Bangzoom, is particularly compelling. Most of the books here are new to me and I was wondering whether it would possible to learn the dates of the issues as they are posted?

Dennis

Would love to finally see those pulps you took pictures of earlier 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That's a good idea. Let's pencil that in for next week, OK? angel.gif

I've very much enjoyed all the books you've been posting. The breadth of your selections has been really outstanding. I'd love if you could sneak in a Disney comic once in a while. Beyond that, I like to be surprised.

Any particular Disney characters or titles? juggle.gif

I would love to see:

Cap 46

Cap 16

All select 1-up

1-10 of Subby

Any Dr. Fate More Fun cover

Love to see a high grade Suspense 3 or any other Suspense cover

Junior Comics any issue

Kid Komics any issue

Action 108

Famous Funnies any Frazetta cover!

Weird Science Fantasy 29 in high grade

Any would be great, all would be incredible

Thanks in advance

Paul

All good suggestions.

In fact, I'd already pulled Suspense #1 out for future use. smily549.gif

That's a good idea. Let's pencil that in for next week, OK? angel.gif

popcorn.gif

An particular Disney characters or titles? juggle.gif

...got any Four Color Ducks............

like series II #9 - Donald Duck Finds Pirate Gold?

How about Walt Disney's Comics and Stories, any 1930s children's books, or Large Feature Comics (if you happen to have any).

If you have any favorites (titles, publishers, specific issues, etc.) you'd like to see in the future, let me know and I'll add them to the list.

Btw., when you first started posting those Dell Funnies, I really felt like that would be a cool, overlooked title to collect. That all changed when you got to the Phantasmo covers...

Phantasmo was one of the high point of the tour -- some bizarre covers.

More off-the-beaten-track stuff that we probably haven't seen, please, although I'm enjoying your potpourri just fine.

I also enjoy knowing dates and any other information you (or others) can fill in about the books.

Keep 'em flyin'!

Thanks!

Jack

If you have any favorites (titles, publishers, specific issues, etc.) you'd like to see in the future, let me know and I'll add them to the list.

More off-the-beaten-track stuff that we probably haven't seen, please, although I'm enjoying your potpourri just fine.

I also enjoy knowing dates and any other information you (or others) can fill in about the books.

Keep 'em flyin'!

Thanks!

Jack

Yeah, Jack is right. Let's go for some really obscure items like.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Detective 27 or Flash 1? shy.gif

Keep 'em flyin'!

Thanks!

Jack

Yeah, Jack is right. Let's go for some really obscure items like.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Detective 27 or Flash 1? shy.gif

You might as well, BZ. Bill's never seen either of them.

Jack