• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BZ, astounding books as always. Love the Star Rangers, "Jack Cole", & the Superman # 2 looks incredible. hail.gif How about Fantastic Comics # 3 ?? Do you own one? Love to see it. also any Funny Pages covers with the Arrow. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Pep22GA.jpg

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Gorgeous copy and eye popping... literally!

WOW! Isn't this issue the 1st app. of Big Foot?

You're confusing Big Foot's first appearance (Sole Comics #3) and Pep 22 where he laces up and becomes Uber Shoe.

Pep22GA.jpg

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Gorgeous copy and eye popping... literally!

WOW! Isn't this issue the 1st app. of Big Foot?

You're confusing Big Foot's first appearance (Sole Comics #3) and Pep 22 where he laces up and becomes Uber Shoe.

27_laughing.gif

And a few hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif for the most important book in the Archie world.

BZ, astounding books as always. Love the Star Rangers, "Jack Cole", & the Superman # 2 looks incredible. hail.gif How about Fantastic Comics # 3 ?? Do you own one? Love to see it. also any Funny Pages covers with the Arrow. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

motion seconded thumbsup2.gif

FUNNY PAGES WITH ARROW COVERS??? willy_nilly.gif

Are YOU crazy? notallthere.gif

Do you think this is Chinese Take-Out?!? ack.gif

YOU think you can order up anything? Like it's a pizza?!?!? crazy.gif

Oh wait... I have those. gossip.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nevermind. foreheadslap.gif

hi.gif

hi.gif

if you could pick up some Shrimp Lo Mein and an order of extra spicy Shredded Pork on your way to the scanner, that would be great! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hi.gif

if you could pick up some Shrimp Lo Mein and an order of extra spicy Shredded Pork on your way to the scanner, that would be great! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm on my way! spinning.gif

Mr. Zoom,

Anything Walt Kelly would be fan-tastic. Thx in advance.

Yours etc,

Sal

OK, they'll be coming up in the next week or two.

I've already pulled a couple of real nice ones. thumbsup2.gif

For some reason (I must be tired), putting it that way makes me think of the film of Phil Levine touring his warehouses. Picturing Bangzoom wandering through his comics saying, "You want Walt Kellys? Yeah, I'll pull some Kellys. Early Detectives? Sure. How about PRE-NATIONALS? I got piles of PRE-NATIONALS..." -- the idea makes me chuckle.

Jack

Mr. Zoom,

Yours etc,

Sal

For some reason (I must be tired), putting it that way makes me think of the film of Phil Levine touring his warehouses. Picturing Bangzoom wandering through his comics saying, "You want Walt Kellys? Yeah, I'll pull some Kellys. Early Detectives? Sure. How about PRE-NATIONALS? I got piles of PRE-NATIONALS..." -- the idea makes me chuckle.

Jack

sign-funnypost.gif

Mr. Zoom,

Yours etc,

Sal

this is why you are officially "The Man." hail.gif a worthy Custom Title if there ever were such a thing...

now, where is that Shrimp Lo Mein? i am frikkin starving over here makepoint.gif

I rediscovered these photos last week when I was digging through several large boxes of unsorted family photgraphs.

They date from 1988 and show a bit of my rec room. The contents of the room have evolved a bit over the years, but this will give you an idea of what it looks like.

The Photos From Left to Right:

1) Wall of pulp magazines.

2) The bookcase on the right holds (from top to bottom): Big Little Books, Burroughs books in dust jackets, Tom Swift editions and Arkham House books.

3) Vintage paperbacks and assorted holiday ephemera.