• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Thanks BZ. Thought you might like it.

Actually Jones' two most known pieces, "Age of Innocence" and "Blind Narcissus" are each as tall but not as wide. The guy who owns "Age of Innocence" lives here in Houston and I must say it is the most impressive piece of comic or fantasy related original art I have ever seen in my life. Stunning, and could comfortably hang in any museum and not look out of place.

I love large pieces like that. I have a number of 3 and 6-sheet movie posters but don't have any place to hang them. The only large poster I have up is a Superman 3-sheet from the 1948 serial. It hangs right behind my computer desk so I'm always looking at it.

The room doubles as our spare bedroom so it gets some interesting comments sometimes.

27_laughing.gif

I know what you mean! When buying a house everyone always complains about not having enough storage space. My problem is that houses don't have enough wall space!

must....not...start...collecting...Tarzan...

thank goodness I too, am resisting the temptation....might get me a tarzan mego doll, though!

gator

thank goodness I too, am resisting the temptation....might get me a tarzan mego doll, though!

gator

I figured you would collect all those Tarzan covers on which Gator arse is getting kicked. Or are you a little wishy-washy like Donovan? (Sorry Rick, but someone had to do it!)

WOW look at the red pages on the ones in the middle under Princess!!! Stunning!! I've seen 1st editions of these (a guy about five minutes from me has a whole set) but not (of course!) this nice. insane.gif Anyone who hasn't read the Mars books, they are GREAT summer reading. Inspired many future comics writers.

unlike most comics, which can fluctuate, fiction in this condition goes one way only: UP. Burroughs is just starting to be recognized as more of a literary figure and wait until the Disney movies on Princess hit; in other words, this is good stuff to have.

Wait ...what's that sound?? Oh great, everyone stampeding to eBay 27_laughing.gif

did mention these are VERY hard to find?

Brad of Barsoom

That's the most beautiful group shot you've posted yet, BZ! hail.gif

Most of the copies look brand new -- if it was anyone else posting I'd swear they were reprints.

i'm a fellow first edition collector, and there is a website available that is called "facsimiledustjackets.com" where a gillion jackets are available at $20 a pop. it is good to protect valuable books that have lost their jackets with the replacements. no shame in buying them at all--i have a dozen or so in my library. bz, any facsimile jackets in there?

Most of the copies look brand new -- if it was anyone else posting I'd swear they were reprints.

i'm a fellow first edition collector, and there is a website available that is called "facsimiledustjackets.com" where a gillion jackets are available at $20 a pop. it is good to protect valuable books that have lost their jackets with the replacements. no shame in buying them at all--i have a dozen or so in my library. bz, any facsimile jackets in there?

Not a one.

Not a one.

no graemlin necessary; imagine me bowing over here next to my to my desk--oops, secretary just walked in. gonna be some time explaining this one.

gator

I figured you would collect all those Tarzan covers on which Gator arse is getting kicked. Or are you a little wishy-washy like Donovan? (Sorry Rick, but someone had to do it!)

if donovan comes back, i will be one happy camper....wishy washy or not!

no graemlin necessary; imagine me bowing over here next to my to my desk--oops, secretary just walked in. gonna be some time explaining this one.

Are the facsimile jackets good quality?

I'd like to get them for my King Kong and Frankenstein Photoplay Editions.

they are beautiful; the guy actually laser scans the 'real thing' into his computer, enhances the defects away [damn, i hope i didn't just get him in trouble with NOD], and produces an amazing product on really good paper stock. do a search for those books--hope he has one or both.

Bang---both of the jackets are available on the site--they are pretty.

they are beautiful; the guy actually laser scans the 'real thing' into his computer, enhances the defects away [damn, i hope i didn't just get him in trouble with NOD], and produces an amazing product on really good paper stock. do a search for those books--hope he has one or both.

I've got a birthday coming up next month. I think I'll ask my wife for those as a gift.

Thanks BZ. Thought you might like it.

Actually Jones' two most known pieces, "Age of Innocence" and "Blind Narcissus" are each as tall but not as wide. The guy who owns "Age of Innocence" lives here in Houston and I must say it is the most impressive piece of comic or fantasy related original art I have ever seen in my life. Stunning, and could comfortably hang in any museum and not look out of place.

I love large pieces like that. I have a number of 3 and 6-sheet movie posters but don't have any place to hang them. The only large poster I have up is a Superman 3-sheet from the 1948 serial. It hangs right behind my computer desk so I'm always looking at it.

The room doubles as our spare bedroom so it gets some interesting comments sometimes.

27_laughing.gif

I know what you mean! When buying a house everyone always complains about not having enough storage space. My problem is that houses don't have enough wall space!

For me it's do I hang the picture or put up the bookcase! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Beautiful painting, btw! 893applaud-thumb.gif

For me it's do I hang the picture or put up the bookcase! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Beautiful painting, btw! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thank you, sir!

Not a one.

Somehow, I knew that would be the answer. wink.gif

bigoltarzan.jpg

yo Beddy...

I want to take a roadtrip to houston just so I can get my picture taken with that bad boy! (I ain't wearing no longhorn T, though)

gator

I've got a birthday coming up next month. I think I'll ask my wife for those as a gift.

I bet those EBRs would look great on a bookshelf next to the KONG and UNIVERSAL G&D Photoplays..