• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I'll take you, Rick. Imagine our collection if we were a couple! cloud9.gif

(Only my second use of a graemlin!)

Well, I gave it my best shot...but I couldn't get past the imagining you and Rick as a couple...your "love-child pedigree collection" never even made it onstage... 893whatthe.gif

at least our towels could be monogramed the same smile.gif

His and His!

Well, I gave it my best shot...but I couldn't get past the imagining you and Rick as a couple...your "love-child pedigree collection" never even made it onstage... 893whatthe.gif

Maybe I better go back and read the letters in this thread a little slower. I seemed to have missed a lot of interesting stuff the first time around. spit.gif

Maybe I better go back and read the letters in this thread a little slower. I seemed to have missed a lot of interesting stuff the first time around. spit.gif

It's probably better if you don't ...

It's probably better if you don't ...

True, I keep doing that, I'm losing sleep this way, lol..but I'm really enjoying it:) cloud9.gif

I have no idea what that toy is, but seems likely its one of a kind, impossible to find, in perfect condition, and will blow the socks off some toy collectors on the boards. insane.gif

You don't know Atomic Robot Man?

Shame on you - one of the earliest, and rarest tin robot toys.

Atomic Robot Man

I have no idea what that toy is, but seems likely its one of a kind, impossible to find, in perfect condition, and will blow the socks off some toy collectors on the boards. insane.gif

You don't know Atomic Robot Man?

Shame on you - one of the earliest, and rarest tin robot toys.

Atomic Robot Man

Feh, it's only the second toy robot ever produced.

stooges.gif

Dare I ask what a nice one goes for?

Dare I ask what a nice one goes for?

why it goes for this of course:

money.jpg

But.. gossip.gif

I think BZ's might be a repro because of the larger nose slits and the fact that it doesn't have a washer around the stud on the right side.

(I can't see the if the bottom of the feet are painted or not or if there is a number stamped under him to confirm).

I dunno.. wouldn't be in keeping with the rest of his collection insane.gif . Besides, doesn't this portion of the article you linked suggest the washer is irrelevant, or am I misinterpreting something?

"There were also two standard rivet methods used to hold the on/off switch in place. One is as featured in the Attic's toy, the other uses a single-piece rivet with no washer "

This is only going to appeal to the Burroughs fans.

BurroughsBooksGA14.jpg

OMG! 893whatthe.gif I haven't checked this thread in a few days and look what I missed! I had a feeling this was coming! Incredible, BZ! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I've still got nine more pages to go through -- I'm not sure my heart can take it. crazy.gif

Here's a shot of the All-Story. ArgosyGA.jpg

Cool! thumbsup2.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Can you read them aloud to us? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

(new avatar in your honor!)

BTW, I didn't see a Tarzan and the Golden Lion in there. That is the one I'm missing. Is it hidden in a pile? If you could put it front and center I will trade you a post of my favorite Tarzan piece. I think you will like it. (And it ain't a funnybook!)

Richard, I have a copy of the book, but it's without the dust jacket.

The best I can do is offer up a picture of the BLB or the serialized version which ran in Argosy All-Story 12/9/22 to 1/20/23.

bigoltarzan.jpg

BZ, please ignore the goofy looking guy at left but keep in mind I, er, he is 6 ft. 5 in.

This is a HUGE Jeff Jones Tarzan painting done as a commission after he did a calendar of Tarzan images in the late '90s. I got it indirectly through Heritage a few years back. Before getting it I thought comics were the be all and end all. But now I get to wake up every day and stare at this! So there you go....some All-Story please!

Wow, Richard that is way cool! 893applaud-thumb.gif

phantasmo is comics first character to come out of the closet.

He's definitely not hiding any secrets. tonofbricks.gif

Speaking of The Funnies, BZ, since you're obviously a big ERB fan I'm sure you must have copies of the John Carter covers right? I'd love to see a HG #36; for me that was the toughest to track down. Or maybe his first appearance in #30? How about a Hi-Spot #2? popcorn.gif

BTW, I didn't see a Tarzan and the Golden Lion in there. That is the one I'm missing. Is it hidden in a pile? If you could put it front and center I will trade you a post of my favorite Tarzan piece. I think you will like it. (And it ain't a funnybook!)

Richard, I have a copy of the book, but it's without the dust jacket.

The best I can do is offer up a picture of the BLB or the serialized version which ran in Argosy All-Story 12/9/22 to 1/20/23.

bigoltarzan.jpg

BZ, please ignore the goofy looking guy at left but keep in mind I, er, he is 6 ft. 5 in.

This is a HUGE Jeff Jones Tarzan painting done as a commission after he did a calendar of Tarzan images in the late '90s. I got it indirectly through Heritage a few years back. Before getting it I thought comics were the be all and end all. But now I get to wake up every day and stare at this! So there you go....some All-Story please!

Wow, Richard that is way cool! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks!

I dunno.. wouldn't be in keeping with the rest of his collection insane.gif . Besides, doesn't this portion of the article you linked suggest the washer is irrelevant, or am I misinterpreting something?

I'm not sure everything in that article is correct, but it certainly doesn't seem it would be keeping in with the rest of the BZ collection.

Ok, BZ I'm sorry I said anything.

tonofbricks.gif

And ArgosyTarzanInsidePg2GA.jpg the 1st page to the Tarzan and the Golden Lion story.

OMG you are such a tease. Is that an original Atomic Robot Man? Do you have the box? OMG OMG OMG OMG 893whatthe.gif

And ArgosyTarzanInsidePg2GA.jpg the 1st page to the Tarzan and the Golden Lion story.

OMG you are such a tease. Is that an original Atomic Robot Man? Do you have the box? OMG OMG OMG OMG 893whatthe.gif

What's the value / scarcity / demand for that Robot Man ???

I have never seen one before

Steve

What's the value / scarcity / demand for that Robot Man ???

I have never seen one before

Steve

1. High

2. Very high

3. Exceptionally high.

893whatthe.gif